The real winner of the second debate? The internet falls in love with undecided voter Kenneth Bone and his red sweater
- Uncommitted voter Kenneth Bone asked second to last question Sunday
- Quizzed Trump and Clinton about their energy policies during debate
- Viewers were quick to praise Bone's outfit, which included a red cable-knit sweater
- Swooned when they saw him take a final picture with a disposable camera
- At least two Facebook pages are now campaigning for Bone to become president
That is what some viewers thought when Kenneth Bone, an undecided voter, asked the penultimate question and stole the show.
Bone, wearing a red cable-knit sweater and glasses, changed the pace of the debate by asking a question that had nothing to do with lewd comments or private email servers.
Instead, Bone quizzed Trump and Clinton on their energy policies - and, in doing so, became an instant hit.
'What steps will your energy policy take to meet our energy needs while at the same time remaining environmentally friendly and minimizing job loss for fossil power plant workers?' Bone asked as the debate neared its end.
Some viewers forgot to listen to the candidates' replies as they became mesmerized by Bone.
Scroll down for video
Kenneth Bone, an undecided voter, stole the show when he asked the second to last question during Sunday night's second presidential debate (pictured)
Bone, wearing a red sweater and glasses, changed the pace of the debate by quizzing Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton on their environmental policies. Here he is pictured next to Bill Clinton
Some viewers forgot to listen to the candidates' replies as they became mesmerized with Bone. Writer Marc Carig was one of many who fell in love with Bone's red sweater
Someone created a Twitter account to glorify Bone - while insisting in the bio that they were not the actual Bone. One of the tweets is pictured, mentioning Bone's real-life sweater
Bone's choice of outfit - a red cable-knit sweater and a white shirt - garnered considerable interest from Twitter users
'I want Ken Bone to wrap that beautiful red cable-knit sweater of his around our divided nation. Only his warmth can save us now,' writer Marc Carig tweeted.
Someone created a Twitter account to glorify Bone - while insisting in the bio that they were not the actual Bone.
'Not all heroes wear capes. Some wear snazzy red sweaters,' reads one of the account's tweets.
Another one states: 'I'm not the hero you want. I'm the hero you need.'
One viewer compared Bone to the Toy Story 2 character Al, a toy collector who wears a red shirt similar to Bone's sweater and sports a near-identical mustache
Is that Big Al? Many Twitter users compared Bone to the character from Toy Story 2
The undecided voter also found himself compared with Wreck It Ralph character, Gene
Another tweet from the Twitter account created to celebrate Bone states: 'I'm not the hero you want. I'm the hero you need'
#KenBone2016 and #KenBone started trending last night. The undecided voter was declared an American hero
One viewer compared Bone to the Toy Story 2 character Al, a toy collector who wears a red shirt similar to Bone's sweater and sports a near-identical mustache.
At least two Facebook pages call for Bone to be the next president of the United States.
One of them features a picture that reprises Trump's 'Make America Great Again' hats - but replaces the message with 'Make America Bone Again'.
Viewers swooned even more when it emerged that Bone had taken a final photo at the end of the debate using a disposable camera.
Viewers swooned even more when it emerged that Bone had taken a final photo at the end of the debate using a disposable camera (pictured)
Could they love him more? Bone's use of a disposable camera to take a photograph at the end of the debate had social media users in raptures
The hero America needs: Social media users fell in love with Ken Bone
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers