Boyd Holbrook from TV's Narcos has been cast as a mutant-hunting cyborg opposite Hugh Jackman in the Wolverine movie Logan
Narcos star Boyd Holbrook has been cast as the baddie in Logan, the third installment in the separate franchise for Hugh Jackman's X-Men character Wolverine.
The 35-year-old actor will play Donald Pierce, a cyborg with superhuman strength who hunts down mutants, according to Deadline on Monday.
The producers revealed the news in a black and white photo of Boyd sitting in the driver’s seat of a truck that it posted on the film’s Instagram account with the simple caption, 'Pierce.'
Out to get him: Boyd Holbrook has been cast as cyborg Donald Pierce in Logan, the third installment in the separate franchise for Hugh Jackman's X-Men character, Wolverine
Hugh, 47, will play an older version of his famed character.
In the movie, it will be clear that 'his abilities aren’t what they once were,' the website reported.
On Friday, Boyd posted a snap of a child's hand holding Logan/Wolverine's hand with his X-Men blades extended on a giant poster on the side of a building.
Mutant hunter: The producers announced the casting in an Instagram posted on Monday showing the 35-year-old in a truck captioned simply, 'Pierce'
He captioned it: 'Coming for you #Logan'
Hugh posted a photo of himself with the poster in the background, identifying the site as the 'Corner of Bleecker & Lafayette' in the Bowery district of New York.
Donald Pierce may be the nemesis that finally ends the previously unkillable Wolverine.
'Coming for you': Boyd posted an Instagram pic of this image on the side of a building that her captioned with the ominous warning
Street selfie: Hugh, 47, shared a photo of himself with the poster in the background, identifying the site as the 'corner of Bleecker & Lafayette' in the Bowery district of New York
Hugh said last year that this is the final time he will don the character's adamantine claws after playing the superhero for 17 years.
The movie, which is based on the Old Man Logan graphic novel, is due out on March 2.
Meanwhile, Boyd can presently be seen as Drug Enforcement Administration agent Steve Murphy in the Netflix series Narcos, which chronicles the rise and fall of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar.
His last time: The hunky star announced last year that Logan would be the final time he flexes Wolverine's adamantine claws
On the hunt: Boyd plays Drug Enforcement Administration agent Steve Murphy in the Netflix series Narcos, which chronicles the rise and fall of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers