'I decided it would be a disaster': James Corden admits he expected The Late Late Show to be a complete FLOP
His transition to US talk-show host has been a tremendous success.
But James Corden long predicted the move would be a complete flop - a premonition that, thankfully, never came true.
Speaking to the Radio Times, the 38 year-old confesses that he was almost a 'pessimist' about fronting The Late Late Show, despite his earlier successes.
Scroll down for video
How wrong he was! James Corden long predicted his move to the USA would be a complete flop - a premonition that, thankfully, never came true
'I wouldn’t have moved to America and taken on The Late Late Show if I were a pessimist, but at the same time it would have been very naive of me to speak publicly about it being successful before it had even started,' he said.
'I decided that the best thing to do was to say it would be a disaster. If it hadn’t worked, I could say, “Yeah, well, I did say that.’’
'You always hope that people will respond to what you do but the truth is I never thought it would become as popular as it is – and I didn’t expect things like Carpool Karaoke to take off like it has!'
Modest: Speaking to the Radio Times , the 38 year-old confesses that he was almost a 'pessimist' about fronting The Late Late Show, despite his earlier successes
Trio: Rob Lowe and JK Simmons chat with James during an episode of The Late Late Show
Hitting the big time: James interviewing Jamie Lee Curtis and Kumail Nanjiani
Out now: Read the full interview with James Corden in the new issue of Radio Times
Naturally, his prediction couldn't have been further from the truth - on the contrary, his talk show is one of the network's biggest hits. And it's paying off.
It was recently reported that he is moving into his dream Californian home for a staggering $80,000 (or £64,000) a month.
The Gavin and Stacey star is renting a luxury five-storey beachfront home in Los Angeles with his family worth $24million.
The property is worlds away from his childhood semi-detached home in Hazlemere, High Wycombe, as well as being a cut above the five-bedroom villa he had previously rented in Brentwood, LA for £18,000 a month.
According to reports, his new neighbours at the Malibu property include director Steven Spielberg, Michael Douglas and Gwyneth Paltrow - proving the comic has truly made it to the big-time.
Read the full interview with James Corden in the new issue of Radio Times
Yep, he's made it! It was recently reported that he is moving into his dream Californian home for a staggering $80,000 (or £64,000) a month
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers