Four teenage schoolgirls 'dug a shallow grave for 14-year-old love rival and tortured her for FOUR hours with wooden sticks and a machete' during brutal attack
- The victim was lured to the garden of the house in Trindade, Brazil
- The group, aged 13 to 16, dragged their victim into a shallow grave
- The girl, 14, escaped when they went to wash blood off themselves
- Four schoolgirls have been arrested for the attack filmed on a phone
- A judge remanded the suspects in custody pending a judicial probe
Four schoolgirl pals have been arrested in Brazil after torturing a teenage love rival in these shocking scenes they filmed on their mobile phones
The youngsters, aged 13 to 16, dragged their 14-year-old victim into a shallow grave they had dug before hitting her repeatedly round the head and body with a wooden stick and a small machete for nearly four hours after tying her hands and feet together.
The injured girl managed to escape and seek help from locals after her tormentors went to wash blood off their hands before culminating their torture ordeal with what detectives believe was a plan to kill her.
The victim was allegedly lured to a house in Trindade, Brazil on the premise that a party was going on but, when she got there she was tied up, blindfolded and tortured (pictured)
Police found the sickening footage on a mobile phone belonging to one of the four teenagers they arrested in Trindade, a city in the central Brazilian state of Goias which is famous for its annual religious celebrations and is one of the country's most important pilgrimage sites.
The victim was lured to the garden of the house where she was attacked after being told a party was taking place there.
She said: 'They called me round to their house and when I arrived, they began to hit me.
'They tied me up and showed me where I was going to be buried.
'Then they stabbed me and put me in the hole in the ground. I thought I was going to die there.
The shocking footage shows the teenage girls tying up their 'love rival' in a back garden and torturing her with sticks (pictured)
Police chief Renata Vieira said the schoolgirl had been organising a 15-year-old birthday party with the help of the boyfriend of one of her attackers.
He said: 'The youngsters we arrested said the victim started seeing that boy. Jealousy is the main motive behind what happened.
'These girls all went to the same school and one of them had known the victim at least 10 years.'
One of the suspects allegedly told police they wanted to kill the 14-year-old girl
One of the suspects allegedly admitted to police after her arrest they had intended to kill the injured youngster and confessed she was annoyed she had escaped.
She said their plan had not succeeded because they had been 'slack'.
Local judge Karine Spinelli agreed to remand the suspects in custody pending an ongoing judicial probe.
She said: 'The whole thing is terrifying. I don't think I've ever come across a situation like this.'
The girls face charges on crimes of torture and attempted homicide, but because of their age are expected to be sentenced to three years in a young offenders' institution if they are convicted.
They have been receiving death threats on social media since being incarcerated.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers