Lady in red! Dakota Fanning dazzles in scarlet skater dress to celebrate International Day Of The Girl at the Empire State Building in NYC
She's been jetting around the world promoting her latest movie with Ewan McGregor.
But Dakota Fanning made sure she was in an empire state of mind for the International Day Of The Girl on Tuesday.
The 22-year-old actress dazzled in red as she lit up the Empire State building in NYC in honour of the day designed to focus on empowering young women.
Scroll down for video
Red hot: Dakota Fanning lights the Empire State Building in honor of International Day Of The Girl at The Empire State Building on Tuesday in New York City
Well-tressed: Her blonde locks were in a glossy and voluminous straight style, which framed her pretty face
She put on a leggy display in a skater style dress, which she teamed with nude heeled mules.
The former child star added giant dark glasses, which she removed inside the famous building.
The older sister of Maleficent actress Elle wore her blonde tresses in a glossy and voluminous straight style, which framed her pretty face.
Pretty: The 22-year-old actress dazzled in red as she lit up the Empire State building in NYC in honour of the day designed to focus on empowering young women
Dakota's latest film is directed by and stars McGregor and is based on the Philip Roth novel by the same title.
Jennifer Connelly and Ewan play married couple Dawn and Seymour 'Swede' Levov in the upcoming flick.
In the film, his character's perfect Middle class American world collapses after his daughter (played by Dakota) radicalizes and blows up a post office.
Lady in red! Fanning looked excited to be at the event as she arrive in the morning
Elegant: She put on a leggy display in a skater style dress, which she teamed with nude heeled mules
Looking glam: The former child star added giant dark glasses
The bombing was in protest of the Vietnam War and kills a man, leading to nation-wide hunt for Dakota's character.
The film is set in the late 1960s as the country is thrown into social and political turmoil during Lyndon B Johnson's presidency both in terms of America's international policies and also its treatment of its own non-white citizens.
American Pastoral will be in theatres October 28.
Promotional tour: Dakota has been jetting round the world talking about her latest film which is directed by and stars Ewan McGregor
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers