Tom Cruise takes a trip to China's Forbidden City to promote new Jack Reacher film with co-star Cobie Smulders
Tom Cruise took a trip to China's Forbidden City on Tuesday as part of a promotional tour for his new film Jack Reacher: Never Go Back.
The movie is getting a simultaneous release in the U.S. and China on October 21.
Tom was joined by his co-star Cobie Smulders and the film's director Ed Zwick as he posed for photos and greeted fans.
Scroll down for video
New movie: Tom Cruise visited China's Forbidden City on Tuesday as part of a promotional tour for his film Jack Reacher: Never Go Back which opens there and in the U.S. on October 21
Tom, 54, was casually dressed in a black button down shirt, with the top two buttons left undone and the sleeves rolled up to just below the elbow.
He wore dark blue jeans and a pair of sunglasses.
Cobie, 34, brought some color to the photo call with a red and black dress.
The Canadian actress looked lovely in the pretty patterned number that had bold black shoulder straps and a black band at the waist.
Getting along famously: Tom, 54, and co-star Cobie Smulders, 34, shared a joke and a laugh as they posed for photos
Say cheese! The pair were joined by the film's director Ed Zwick, who also worked with Tom on his 2003 film The Last Samurai
Red hot: Cobie stole the spotlight in her red and black tiered dress which she teamed with strappy black heels
Tom and Cobie showcased their chemistry, laughing and sharing jokes together.
The actress plays Major Susan Turner in the film, heading up the military police unit that Tom's character Jack Reacher used to run.
The plot revolves around an accusation that Jack committed a murder 16 years prior.
'He's alone and he's sort of in his element and then he couples up with me and all hell breaks loose,' Cobie told ET back in June. 'We're on the run for this entire movie.'
The sequel is adapted from the series of novels by Lee Child and the first Jack Reacher film released in 2012 made $200 million.
It was shot almost entirely in New Orleans and the first teaser trailer debuted online on Monday.
Ready for his close-up: Tom kept it casual in a black shirt with the top buttons left undone and the sleeves rolled up paired with dark blue denims and some sunglasses
Making friends: The Hollywood star happily posed for photos with some lucky Chinese fans
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers