EXCLUSIVE: 'It’s business as usual': Beverley Knight reassures fans after car blaze outside her home forces her to relocate to a hotel
- Has been given a bodyguard and moved to a hotel for a safety
Beverley Knight has said it's 'business as usual' after a raging car fire outside her London home prompted her to employ a bodyguard.
The singer, 43, was reportedly 'really upset' by last Wednesday's incident and temporarily relocated to a hotel.
A source told the Daily Mirror: 'Beverley is really upset by the ordeal and her management has taken her away from the situation.
Scroll down for video
She needs a bodyguard! It's a case of life imitating art for The Bodyguard star Beverley Knight, after she was left terrified when her car went up in flames outside her home
'So she’s been booked into the hotel and been given her own bodyguard.'
A representative for Beverley told MailOnline: 'The cause of last week’s fire is being looked into. Beverley is fine and it’s business as usual.'
Such was the damage to Beverley's car, that police were allegedly unable to say whether or not the blaze had been caused deliberately.
A Met Police spokesman said: 'We were called to reports of a car on fire and investigated to see if it was a result of arson. There’s no evidence to suggest it was started deliberately.'
Rave reviews: Beverley is currently starring as Rachel Marron in the stage adaptation of The Bodyguard
Beverley is currently starring as leading lady Rachel Marron in the stage adaptation of The Bodyguard.
The part was originally made famous by Whitney Houston in the epic 1992 film of the same name which was the second-highest-grossing film worldwide that year.
The West End version at the Dominion Theatre also stars Hollyoaks heartthrob Ben Richards as Frank Farmer, originally played by Kevin Costner, and features Whitney's greatest hits including Saving All My Love, I Wanna Dance With Somebody and I Will Always Love You.
Taking precautions: The shaken singer, 43, was reportedly moved to a London hotel following the incident last Wednesday and assigned a bodyguard
Rachel is a world famous music star whose life becomes endangered by a stalker. She turns to former Secret Service agent-turned-bodyguard Frank for protection, and the pair become romantically involved.
Speaking previously about the role to the Mail's Baz Bamigboye, Beverley said: ‘It’s hard bloody work, but it’s so much fun at the same time with this company.
'I’m singing and dancing every single night and I’m learning.
'I’ve always gone on stage to sing as Beverley Knight, but I’ve had to learn how to play someone else.’
‘I’m precious about my voice, but not overly precious. When I come off stage I have my honey drink just to guard against coughs and colds. If my throat’s hydrated I can get through anything.'
Write off: Such was the damage to Beverley's car, that police were allegedly unable to say whether or not the blaze had been caused deliberately
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers