'He’s a vet. Holding an animal. In scrubs. Oh lord': Women swoon over hunky vet on First Dates - but are devastated to see who he's paired with
- London-based vet Michael set hearts racing during last night's show
- Said people think being vet is cute but wants to be seen as sexy
- Women took to Twitter to express their admiration
- But many were left disappointed to discover he was gay
A handsome vet sent Twitter into meltdown when he appeared on last night's First Dates, but the expressions of lust soon turned to disappointment when they saw who we was matched with.
Women swooned over Michael, 27, from London as he appeared on the Channel 4 show, such as Mxlaurenjustice who tweeted: 'He's a vet. He's holding an animal. He's in scrubs. Oh lord.'
IrishRed2011 couldn't understand how Michael was single, while LillyBelle19 described him as 'sexy as hell'.
Handsome vet Michael, 30, from London sent female viewers into meltdown when he appeared on last night's First Dates
Michael set pulses racing, but the lust turned to disappointment when women viewers discovered his date was another man
Mitchell chimed in, saying: 'I'd take my pet to this vet.'
However, many were downcast when Michael's date turned out to be 30-year-old doctor and Superman lookalike David.
JadeyBabyUK admitted: 'Totally irrational the disappointment I just felt after after seeing Michael is there to meet a guy. I lost my chance.'
Viviennelong91 said he ticked all the boxes - tall, dark, handsome and being a vet - but was saddened to find out he 'doesn't like girls'.
Michael (right) with his date, 30-year-old doctor David. The pair were hailed as ridiculously intelligent and attractive on Twitter
SlinkiiMinkii summed up her feelings, saying: 'Sexy vet hiiiiiiii yayyyyy. Then other sexy man walked in noooooooo.'
Sammysandwch observed that 'all the ladies are very taken by the doctor and the vet', while Phildining predicted they were 'about to break Twitter'.
And Kipny praised both Michael and David for being 'ridiculously handsome and intelligent'.
'Way to make the rest of us feel inadequate!' she said.
NatashaHarrisox said they should 'just get married now'.
'He's a vet and spoons his dog and he says the nicest things,' she added.
As the pair got to know each other, Michael revealed that it had been difficult for his family to come to terms with his sexuality.
Explaining that we was the first in the family to get a degree, he added: 'I can't help but think it was overshadowed by the fact I was gay. I always thought making my parents proud was the most important thing.
'I think they were very disappointed. That moment when I did tell my mum, that was quite upsetting.
'Because I knew there was something about me that I could never change that could make my mum feel that way.
'That will always stick with me, no matter how well I do in my career, or how much money I make in my life.
'Those things aren't important when there's something like that that you know upstets your parents in a way.
She's had time to realise it's OK. I can be gay and it's not going to change me, but I'll never forget that initial reaction.
Michael (left) and David have enjoyed seven dates together since appearing on the Channel 4 show
'It's never going to stop them from loving me. They always tell me theyy love me and respect me. It's something we're overcoming slowly.'
Those rooting for the couple were not left disappointed as after the show it was revealed on the First Dates Twitter feed that the pair are still an item.
'Michael and David have made regular appointments to see each other - seven dates to be precise!'
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers