'We'll be lucky if he's even at the birth!' Pregnant Rebekah Vardy says husband Jamie won't be with her if she goes into labour on match day
Her footballer husband Jamie Vardy is a busy man on the pitch for both club Leicester City and England.
So much so, that his wife Rebekah Vardy doesn't expect him to be at the birth of their second child together - if he's playing football.
'We'll be lucky if he's even at the birth,' she tells the latest issue of New! magazine. 'If he was on the pitch they wouldn't tell him I was in labour and I wouldn't want him to know.'
Birth partner: Jamie and Rebekah Vardy, pictured earlier this year, are expecting their second child
In fact, Rebekah has even lined up a substitute birthing partner in case Jamie doesn't make it.
'On match day, his focus is football and that's the way it should be,' she said. 'He wants to be there and of course I want him there, but I'm going to rope my sister in to be a back-up birthing partner. '
In his recent autobiography, Jamie credited his wife with 'saving him' from a life of booze and partying.
Babymoon: Becky recently shared a sweet throwback snap to her blissful 'babymoon' in the Bahamas with footballer husband Jamie, showing off her baby bump in a patterned bikini
'That is lovely but I was just being a friend,' Rebekah tells New! 'Jamie had to do it for himself. I could see that it was a downward spiral for him - and no-one wants to see someone they care for throw their life away. Thankfully he took that advice.'
Rebekah is already mother to 23-month-old daughter Sofia with Jamie, plus a six-year-old son Taylor and 11-year-old daughter Megan from prior relationships.
Jamie is also father to a daughter, Ella, six, from a previous relationship.
Hello bump! The 34-year-old posted a bikini shot showing her swelling belly three weeks ago via her Instagram accournt
Rebekah has previously said she doesn't want any more children and will be sending Jamie for a vasectomy.
In a recent interview with OK! magazine, she said: 'My body can't cope with anymore. Four is enough. I'm sending him for the snip.'
The happy couple tied the knot back in May at Peckforton Castle in Cheshire.
Cute: As well as their daughter Sofia, Rebekah has two children – Megan, 11, and Taylor, six – from previous relationships, while Jamie has a daughter, Ella, six, from a previous relationship
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.