It really is his perfect film snack! Bake Off's Tom and his wife tweet hilarious photos as they smuggle homemade fougasse into the cinema
- Tom Gilliford was teased for fougasse being his favourite cinema snack
- He showed he's man of his word by tweeting picture of him with the bread
- His wife Kate joined in too, hiding the fougasse in her handbag
Great British Bake Off contestant Tom Gilliford may have been booted off the show for failing to impress during Dessert Week, but the result doesn't seem to be bothering him now.
The former teacher and ex-Oxford graduate, 26, made a name for himself during the show's Botanical Week - when fans on social media teased the contestant for raving about fancy French bread fougasse as an ideal cinema snack.
The Royal Society of Arts worker showed he was in good spirits after exiting the show last week by tweeting a picture of himself holding the herby leaf-shaped bread - proving his love for taking fougasse into the cinema with him.
Ex-Great British Bake Off contestant Tom Gilliford (pictured) tweeted this picture of himself with fougasse bread at a cinema after he was teased on social media for saying it was the ideal cinema snack
Tom's wife Kate also joined in, tweeting a picture of the bread smuggled in her handbag
Above a picture of him grinning as he's about to enter screen five in an unknown cinema, Tom wrote: 'Got my cinema snack ready! @wittertainment I maintain it doesn't break the rules #GBBO.'
He was referring to a comment made on BBC film programme Wittertainment, which described the crunchy snack as too loud to eat in a cinema.
His wife Kate, who he lives with in east London, also joined in, tweeting a picture of the bread discretely hidden in her handbag as the couple smuggled it in.
She wrote: 'Heading to cinema with @Tom_gilliford, have our sneaky fugasse [sic] in handbag #gbbo.'
During Botanical Week, Tom prompted giggles on social media after saying: ‘I love fougasse. It’s actually my cinema snack !’
Tom was mocked on social media for saying he loves to take fougasse to the cinema during Botanical Week. He came first in the technical challenge for his take on the leafy bread (pictured)
Tom, pictured as it was announced he would leave the competition last week, failed to impress during Dessert Week for his 'Hipster's Picnic' mousse cake showstopper, and smothered Millionaire's Roulade
The bread was the subject of that week's technical challenge - and Tom was dutifully ranked first for his herby efforts.
A week earlier, he had been named star baker for his performance during Bread Week.
But last week saw him crash out of the competition for his 'Hipster's Picnic' mousse cake showstopper, and smothered Millionaire's Roulade.
Tom used to be a teacher in London, but switched careers after becoming disillusioned with the role after two years in the job.
He now believes schools are 'exam sweatshops' producing 'robot' children, and has blasted parents for being too worried about their child's results.
The super-slimmer amateur baker has lost nearly five stone while mastering how to bake delicious cakes and bread.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers