'You can't just skip Halloween you heathens': Brits share their outrage at the Oxford Street Christmas lights going up ALREADY
- Oxford Street in London have installed the annual Christmas lights
- Many users took to social media to hail it far too early
- Others were delighted that Christmas spirit is starting to spread
We've just packed away our summer clothes and haven't even celebrated Halloween yet but it seems the festive cheer is starting to spread.
Oxford Street in London have installed the annual Christmas lights - but not everyone is happy about it.
Brits took to social media in their droves to debate whether it was too early for the festive lights to be on display - and things got a little heated.
Brits haved shared their outrage at the Oxford Street Christmas lights going up already with many taking to social media to share their thoughts
'Why are the Christmas lights up on Oxford Street? It's October 4th, you can't just skip Halloween you heathens,' wrote one seemingly outraged user.
Other users were quick to agree, with one noting: 'As if the Christmas lights have gone up at Oxford Street already. It hasn't even been Halloween yet,' and another adding: 'Erm, it's the first week of October?.'
'Can't believe the Christmas lights are already up on Oxford street haven't had Halloween or bonfire night yet,' said another, whilst another suggested: 'would be easier to leave them up from last year.'
Oxford Street in London have installed the annual Christmas lights - but not everyone is happy about it
Brits took to social media in their droves to debate whether it was too early for the festive lights to be on display - and things got a little heated with many pointing out that we hadn't even celebrated Halloween yet
One user questioned: 'They have put the Christmas lights up on Oxford Street is this a joke???'
Other users did, however, vehemently disagree with the 'scrooges' on social media, with many expressing their delight over the lights.
'Is it too early to be excited about the Christmas lights on Oxford Street? It's less than a month till they're switched on,' wrote one.
There was a mixed reaction on social media with many users excited about the lights being up and others moaning about it being too early
Another delighted user added: 'Oxford street has its Christmas lights up, and nothing makes me happier,' with another saying: 'Oxford Street has its Christmas lights up already. CHRISTMAS IS COMING!'
Despite the 1,778 gold and silver baubles being installed, they won't officially be switched on until November 6. In past years Kylie Minogue, Robbie Williams and The Spice Girls have done the honour.
There is also an NSPCC campaign running alongside the lights switch-on and members of the public will be asked to donate £5 to dedicate a light to someone special in their lives.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers