Like mother, like daughter! Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas and actress Chloe Grace Moretz pay tribute to 'mentor' moms as they pose with their proud parents in empowering shoot
- The American stars both said their mothers have played key roles in their lives and careers as mentors and role models
- Chloe, 19, and Gabby, 20, spoke about their mothers' importance as part of a female empowerment campaign #ActuallySheCan
- To launch the campaign, the actress starred in a photo shoot with her mother Teri Duke Moretz and Gabby posed with her sister Arielle Hawkins
- Also featured in the shoot were actress Gabourey Sidibe, 33, and supermodel Iman, 61
Actress Chloe Grace Moretz and gymnast Gabby Douglas have both revealed that they see their mothers as mentors.
Speaking out in support of #ActuallySheCan, a female empowerment campaign, they both told how their mothers' advice has played a crucial role in their careers.
Chloe, 19, who has been in the public eye since she was a young girl, said she often relies on the help of her mother Teri Duke-Moretz to make decisions.
Scroll down for video
Influence: Actress Chloe Grace Moretz, 19, pictured left, said her mother Teri Duke-Moretz, pictured right, is her role model
Family: Gabby Douglas, pictured left with her sister Arielle Hawkins, said her mother Natalie Hawkins is also one of her key role models
Inspiring: They were speaking as part of a female empowerment campaign #ActuallySheCan, also featuring supermodel Iman, 61, pictured left with fashion pioneer Bethann Hardison
The star posed with her mother in a photoshoot as part of the Allergan campaign also featuring Gabby, actress Gabourey Sidibe, 33, supermodel Iman, 61, and television host Amanda de Cadenet, 44.
The pictures were shot by photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
Chloe said: 'There have been so many times that I've called her and said I have no idea how to make a decision.
'Sometimes she's been like "hey, what are the variables? What are you wanting out of it? If it means not doing anything at all right now, that's OK."'
As a single mother-of-five, she said her mom gave her a firm understanding of feminism and also advised her to wait before making any changes to her body.
Support: Actress Gabourey Sidibe, 33, pictured with Lisa Cortes, producer of Precious, is also featured in the campaign
Reliable: In an interview with TV host Amanda de Cadenet, pictured with her daughter Atlanta, Chloe said she often calls her mother before making a decision
She said: 'My mom always said, basically what she said was when you're 21, you're over 18, you can make that decision yourself but wait.
'It meant a lot to me because, it's not even like she said "you're beautiful enough now" it was just you have to learn to love yourself first on your own before you can actually understand anything in life I feel.'
Olympic gold-medal-winning gymnast Gabby said she considers her mother Natalie Hawkins one of her mentors as she posed with her older sister Arielle Hawkins for the photo shoot.
She said role models are 'very important' to her, adding: 'They inspire the next generation.'
Advice: Chloe said her mother, pictured with her daughter, also advised to 'wait' before making any decisions to change her body
Go for it: Gabby, pictured with her sister, said her mother 'always told me to just go out there and fight'
Gabby said positive words and encouragement are essential for young girls to give them the strength to withstand the journey to success.
She said: 'I looked up to one of mine, my mom, and a former Olympic gold medalist. They just inspire the next generation to do better.'
When it comes to overcoming negativity she said 'you've got to rid above the storm'.
She added: 'The best advice I have ever been given is from my mom. She always told me to just go out there and fight.
'Just be like a little tiger and just be confident in all that you want to achieve in life.'
ActuallySheCan is partnering with TEDWomen top host their first live mentorship event where young women will be able to ask leading female figures for advice.
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers