Prison lets Daniel Morcombe's deranged killer change his first and middle names to 'Shaddo' after his old dog and 'N-unyah' - which stands for 'none of your business'
- Brett Cowan was thrown back in jail with prisoners who want him dead
- He was left permanently disfigured after a recent boiling water attack
- Cowan was allowed to use the name Shaddo N-unyah Hunter in jail
- Prisoners told they must 'kill him or be killed' and he is not to get out alive
- An ex-inmate said whoever kills him would be a hero on the inside
- He is serving a life sentence for murdering Daniel Morcombe in 2003
Daniel Morcombe's killer Brett Cowan has been allowed to use a different name in prison after being left permanently disfigured after a bucket of boiling water was tipped over his head.
Cowan legalled changed his name to Shaddo N-unyah Hunter in 2013 and has been given approval to use the name in prison, the Courier Mail reports.
Cowan told detectives investigating the Morecombe murder he had chosen Shaddo because it was his dog's name, while N-unyah stood for 'none of your business'.
The convicted paedophile and murderer has been released back to the prison's general population , not the Wolston Correctional Centre's protective wing, despite a price on his head among prisoners.
Scroll down for video
Brett Cowan, Daniel Morcombe's killer, has been thrown back into the general prison population among inmates who want him dead
The attack, allegedly by Adam Paul Davidson last month, came soon after he was moved out of the protective unit.
A Queensland Corrective Services spokesman was unable to comment on individual cases but prisoners born outside Queensland are legally entitled to be addressed under their new identity.
'It (the name change) could be to take pressure off him. I can't believe the department agreed to change it,' a prison source told the Courier Mail..
Daniel was murdered by the paedophile in 2003 on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland
Cowan was understood to have changed his name in Western Australia, the year before he was convicted of the schoolboy's murder.
The paedophile was released from hospital about a week after fellow prisoner Adam Paul Davidson allegedly left Cowan disfigured by pouring a mop bucket of boiling water over him
Davidson was charged with grevious bodily harm for allegedly pouring a mop bucket of boiling water over Cowan before beating him with it, giving him serious burned to his head, chest and legs.
A former prisoner told the Courier Mail Davidson would be hailed as a hero on the inside because Cowan was so hated inmates had vowed to not let him leave prison alive.
'There's no way he gets out of there alive – every time another bloke gets a chance, they have a crack at him. I hope the public knows that he's not getting an easy ride in there – it is a living hell for him,' he said.
Cowan was allowed to use a different name in the Brisbane maximum security jail's to Shaddo N-unyah Hunter, which he legally change his name to in 2013
He said 'prison rules' forced prisoners to inflict pain on Cowan whenever they got the chance. 'It's kill him or be killed in there – that's how it works,' he said.
'As soon as he was moved out of protection it was on for all money. Whoever it is that knocks him off will be treated like a national hero in there.'
Cowan is serving a life sentence for murdering Sunshine Coast schoolboy Daniel Morcombe in 2003.
A former prisoner said Davidson would be hailed as a hero on the inside because Cowan was so hated inmates had vowed to not let him leave prison alive
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.