'Pregnant' Cheryl and Liam Payne share tender touch in heart-warming unseen snap of their first official PDA
It was their first public outing since the shock news that they were an item.
But a heart-warming picture of the moment Cheryl, 33, and Liam Payne, 23, were first seen showing affection for one another has resurfaced online from 'inspired' 'Cher-iam' fans.
Fast-forward seven months and the pop duo are surrounded by snowballing claims that they're expecting a baby together.
Scroll down for video
Tender touch: Cheryl and Liam Payne - who are rumorued to be expecting their first child - share a tender caress in a previously unseen, early snapshot from their whirlwind romance
Caught during a private exchange in their taxi home, Cheryl and Liam had just been out for a dinner date in London with her mother Joan Callaghan.
It was a significant outing for the duo, as it was the first time they had put on a public display of affection since rumours of romance swirled.
First public outing: The photo (dated March 2016) was taken from Cheryl and Liam's first outing since the shock news that they were an item
Confirming the romance: Before the outing, Cheryl and Liam had only been seen together on social media (seen here in the post that confirmed their romance, from February)
Before that, the relationship had only been confirmed via social media when Liam posted a shirtless picture beside the former Girls Aloud singer who shot a peace sign at the camera.
The news broke in February, less than four weeks after the breakdown of her marriage to second husband Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini was exposed.
Cheryl and Liam are said to have been dating since last December when they reunited on the X Factor.
It's where they first met eight years ago and where he had returned as a guest performer with One Direction and she had been invited back a judge, in 2015.
The March outing simultaneously indicated that Liam had the seal of approval from Cheryl's mother and best friend Joan, because she played third wheel on their romantic date.
Happy couple: Cheryl and Liam (here in May) are said to have been dating since December
Coincidentally, it was Joan who appeared to let the cat out of the bag on the couple's recent 'pregnancy' claims.
Joan was seen shopping for baby goods last month, which added fuel to the fire on unexpected speculation that Cheryl and Liam are due to become first-parents.
Cheryl's subsequent red carpet appearance, 10 days ago, sparked a frenzy among fans who suggested that she was positively glowing.
Neither party has confirmed the reports, though a representative for Cheryl and Liam has been contacted by MailOnline for comment.
Glowing: Cheryl was positively glowing during her most recent red carpet appearance - here at a Paris Fashion Week party 10 days ago - amid claims that she is pregnant
Most watched News videos
- CCTV captures final tragic moments of Mirna Salihin's life
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: 'Ghost' rises from body after fatal crash
- Bulls head butt each other then die instantly from brutal blow
- Shocking moment girl gets viciously beaten after starting fight
- Mother releases devastating footage of son's final moments
- Lorry smashes into car leaving driver with severe injuries
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Big fat gypsy wedding' in Romania goes on for FOUR days
- Groom ALREADY tired of marriage life just after 15 minutes
- 'Pascal's a G!' Kim Kardashian speaks well of her bodyguard
- GoPro captures the moment a croc swims amongst swimmers