BJP worker killed in attack in Kannur
Kannur: Tension prevailed in Panoor area in
the district following murder of a BJP worker, allegedly by
CPI-M activists, at Kuthuprambu, police said today.
K C Rajesh(29),a driver,was attacked by a group of persons,
stated to be CPI-M workers, who came in a vehicle while he was
sitting in a jeep last night, police said.
He was taken to Kozhikode Medical College Hospital, where
he succumbed to injuries. Rajesh was an accused in the murder
of a CPI-M worker in September last year, police said.
Additional police force have been deployed in the area
to prevent any untoward incidents.
Meanwhile,a dawn to dusk hartal was observed in Kuthuprambu
assembly constituency today in response to a call by BJP to
protest the murder.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Mamata Banerjee silent on communal agitation in West Bengal?
- Donald Trump praises PM Modi, says will adopt his policies if elected President
- DNA: Today in History | October 17, 2016
- Varanasi stampede: Death toll rises to 25, more than 100 injured
- Will China change its approach towards terrorism after PM Modi's BRICS speech?
- JNU student Najeeb Ahmad goes missing under mysterious circumstances; he had altercation with ABVP members
- UP Congress stalwart Rita Bahuguna Joshi to join BJP?
- Hilarious: This video of Mangalore man on elevator has over 10 lakhs views – Must Watch
- 22 killed in Bhubaneswar fire, short circuit likely to be reason; three SUM Hospital employees suspended
- AIADMK founding day today; suspense on Jayalalithaa's health condition continues