Hair today, gone tomorrow! Great British Bake Off's Ruby Tandoh reveals dramatic buzzcut after shaving off her bouncy curls
And former show runner-up Ruby Tandoh, 24, has continued her rebellious behaviour by shaving off her bouncy curls and sharing pictures of her new look with her social media followers.
Posting a close up of herself gazing into the camera modelling her new buzzcut, she defiantly wrote: 'do what you want'.
Scroll down for video
Hair today, gone tomorrow: Former GBBO runner-up Ruby Tandoh, 24, shaved off her bouncy curls and shared pictures of her new look with her social media followers
She followed it by claiming her curls had been a security blanket preventing her from showing her true self.
'i realised i was always hiding behind my big mop of hair and pulling it over my face so i was like... bye curls, hello being unapologetic,' said Ruby.
Adding: 'such a nervous, skulking lil cockroach before. no more!'
Dramatic: Posting a close up of herself gazing into the camera modelling her new buzzcut, she defiantly wrote: 'do what you want'
Ruby shared a second close-up wearing a pair of stylish thick-rimmed classes, pink lipstick and silver hooped earrings.
The baker-come-columnist came out as a gay last year, and playfully wrote beside her pic: 'heard yer boyfriend prefers girls with long hair'
Despite the dramatic nature of her makeover, many of Ruby's followers complimented her and tweeted comments of support.
One wrote: 'CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW GOOD YOU LOOK RUBES ✨'
While another posted: 'no joke i just started crying in my philosophy of happiness class; you look incredible omg'
Opinionated: Ruby recently tore into Great British Bake Off judge Paul Hollywood on Twitter
As a third gushed: 'Nicely done Ruby. As someone who knowingly hides behind his hair, I have massive f***ing respect for you. Have a gold star!'
Back in September, Ruby launched a blistering attack on Paul Hollywood – labelling him a ‘peacocking manchild lingering wherever the money is’.
Hollywood was accused of being ‘greedy’ and driven by ‘money and fame’ as he announced he would stay on as a judge when the show moves to Channel 4.
Kind words: Despite the dramatic nature of her makeover, many of Ruby's followers complimented her and tweeted comments of support
Some of the strongest criticism came from Ruby, who was accused of flirting with the judge during the 2013 series of the Great British Bake Off.
Posting on Twitter, Ruby wrote: 'ahhhhhh a peacocking manchild lingering wherever the money is, i am shocked [sic]'.
Minutes later she appeared to comment on what Hollywood was like on the Bake Off set, writing: 'This, from a man who turned up to work revving a rental lamborghini. or was it a ferrari. i don't remember, the air was thick w testosterone.[sic]'
Runer-up: Ruby was accused of flirting with Paul Hollywood during the 2013 series of the Great British Bake Off
Most watched News videos
- Newsagent risks his life to help boy chased by knife-wielding maniac
- Teacher punched during brutal classroom fight caught on camera
- Moment furious motorist pulls out HAND GUN during road rage
- Adorable twin sisters tell dad off in hilarious hunger rant
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- Shocking moment Kumbuka tries to smash glass at London Zoo
- 'NO CHRIS!' moment Chris Hansen recognized by sexual predator
- Heart-stopping footage captures attempt to avoid horror crash
- Naughty father films nursery teacher's bottom instead of his own child
- Shocking moment evil cat makes toddler trip with furry paw
- Doctor pulls out wriggling live MAGGOT from boy's ear
- Terrifying moment tiger drags trainer and won't let go