'Free Curly Watts!' Kevin Kennedy causes mass hysterics as he appears on Lorraine with the security tag still on his jeans as he hints at Corrie return
He played hapless Norman aka 'Curly' Watts on Corrie for 30 years but Kevin Kennedy proved the apple doesn't fall far from the tree when he appeared on Lorraine on Thursday.
The 55-year-old singer and actor revealed he still had a giant security tag on the front of his jeans from John Lewis which caused hysteria in the studio.
'I thought you were tagged,' Lorraine said while pointing out the gaffe.
Scroll down for video
'Free Curly Watts!' Corrie icon Kevin Kennedy caused mass hysterics as he appeared on Lorraine with the security tag still on his jeans on Thursday
Pointing it out: Lorraine couldn't help but point out the gaffe, telling him 'you look like you've been tagged'
Oh dear: Kevin showed off his John Lewis tag on his denims
'Well I am from Manchester,' he said controversially.
'Don't say that!' Lorraine replied, trying to save him from getting some stick from viewers.
'I didn't steal them,' he continued. 'I don't know what I am going to do now. They didn't beep when I ran out of... I mean, left the shop.'
Following the programme, viewers tweeted about the faux pas, with one fan writing: 'Free Curly Watts' in relation to the tag on the jeans.
Iconic: Kevin played Norman 'Curly' Watts on the show for over 30 years
Save him! The gaffe was noted on Twitter with demands for him to be freed from the tag
While on the show, Kevin hinted at a return to ITV soap, Coronation Street.
'I would love to. It's no secret. If the opportunity arose, it would be brilliant. Normally people's main excuse for leaving is to see their families.
'I would actually see mine more if I went back as I am always on the road. I've been everywhere.'
He continued: 'Corrie has been a big part of my life. I love it. It would be churlish and arrogant to deny that large body of work. I'm proud of it.'
Lorraine also talked to Kevin about the ups and downs he has suffered during his career, most notably his battle with alcoholism.
'I've been 18 years sober now,' he said.
'My wife has been incredible through the tough times. While I've been playing dress-up, she has been at home making a difference with charity work.'
Do it! Lorraine asked Kevin if he would return to the soap which made him a household name
He said: 'I would love to. It's no secret. If the opportunity arose, it would be brilliant. Normally people's main excuse for leaving is to see their families but I'd see mine more if I went back'
Honest: Lorraine also talked to Kevin about the ups and downs he has suffered during his career, most notably his battle with alcoholism
Most watched News videos
- Angry NHS worker says she 'hopes Brexiters children get sick'
- Terrified boy's hilarious reaction to finding spider in canoe
- Armed gangs fight it out in mass road brawl
- Pilot saves lives of 439 passengers by narrowly avoiding collision
- ISIS militants in horrific public executions across middle east
- Harry Caray calls Cubs World Series win in stirring Bud ad
- 'I have no answer': Meghan Markle flops British knowledge quiz
- Shocking moment Kumbuka tries to smash glass at London Zoo
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- Trump ad slams Hillary Clinton for connection to 'pervert' Weiner
- 'Cannot afford to have more of the same' Melania campaigns in PA
- Mum leaves kids alone and they cover themselves with talc