Trainer who helped sculpt Elle Macpherson's incredible body reveals how YOU can get the look at home
- Nicola Addison worked with Elle fives times a week for five years
- Has also worked with Erin O'Connor, Gemma Cairney and Daisy Lowe
- Shares her health and fitness mantras with FEMAIL
She was nicknamed The Body thanks to her famous Sports Illustrated shoots, lithe limbs and golden glow, so what is Elle Macpherson's secret?
Personal trainer Nicola Addison, who worked with 52-year-old Elle fives times a week for five years when she was living in the UK, has shared the health and fitness tips that she passed onto Elle - and says that anyone can adopt them.
Nicola, who owns Eqvvs Training and has looked after the bodies of the likes of Erin O'Connor, Gemma Cairney, Daisy Lowe and Jade Parfitt, says it's all about a simple approach to health and fitness.
Want to look like Elle Macpherson? Personal trainer Nicola Addison, who worked with Elle fives times a week for five years when she was living in the UK, has shared her top health and fitness tips with FEMAIL
Nicola says the ultimate health programme would be working out for just 20 minutes three times a week, ensuring that you get 'hot and sweaty' and feel your fingers and toes tingling.
Sharing her advice for the ultimate workout, she says you should perform 'big movements' and crawl, do push-ups, and squat - but with your arms in the air to intensify the movement.
Nicola advises doing 15 repetitions of each movement with a ten-second rest in between each.
If, like her former client Daisy Lowe, you don't love exercise, Nicola says there's plenty of ways you can trick yourself into doing it.
'Daisy didn't like sport,' said Nicola. 'So I would hide exercise in fun stuff like tug of war and bouncing balls; it was like an old school PE lesson.'
Nicole said that Elle, who was nicknamed The Body thanks to her famous Sports Illustrated shoots, worked incredibly hard
Nicola, pictured in her gym, says the ultimate health programme would be working out for just 20 minutes three times a week, ensuring that you get 'hot and sweaty'
As for diet, Nicola shared her own daily meal plan, which kicks off with two eggs on Vogel toast for breakfast, followed by a soup and Pret's half sandwich for lunch.
Nicola, who doesn't snack in the day unless she is exercising, says dinner should be all about 'colour' so she will fill her plate with colourful vegetables, have protein 'in full force' and just have a palm-sized portion of carbs.
Sharing the three habits she thinks everyone should adopt on a daily basis, Nicola said everyone should walk for at least 30 minutes a day. 'This is a baseline for health,' she said.
She also believes mindfulness is essential, advising: 'Don't be too strict on yourself but be mindful of what you're putting in your mouth. I love the 80/20 rule - so healthy 80 per cent of the time and then eating what I want 20 per cent of the time.'
She also maintains that sleep is essential and we should try and go to bed and wake up at the same time every day - and never eat two hours before bed.
Nicola, right, with model client Erin O'Connor, says dinner should be all about 'colour' so she will fill her plate with colourful vegetables, have protein 'in full force' and just have a palm-sized portion of carbs.
Nicola is the owner of Eqvvs Training 43 Cheval Pl, London SW7 1EW , www.eqvvs.com
Most watched News videos
- Angry NHS worker says she 'hopes Brexiters children get sick'
- Armed gangs fight it out in mass road brawl
- Terrified boy's hilarious reaction to finding spider in canoe
- Pilot saves lives of 439 passengers by narrowly avoiding collision
- ISIS militants in horrific public executions across middle east
- Harry Caray calls Cubs World Series win in stirring Bud ad
- 'I have no answer': Meghan Markle flops British knowledge quiz
- Shocking moment Kumbuka tries to smash glass at London Zoo
- Trump ad slams Hillary Clinton for connection to 'pervert' Weiner
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- 'Cannot afford to have more of the same' Melania campaigns in PA
- Mum leaves kids alone and they cover themselves with talc