Like father like... hold on! Wayne Rooney's son Kai Rooney spotted wearing rival football kit to his dad's team Manchester United
Manchester United player Wayne Rooney’s son Kai may have scored something of an own goal after stepping out wearing a rival team’s strip.
The Old Trafford star’s son – who turned seven last week – was spotted out with his 30-year-old mum Coleen while wearing a full Tottenham Hotspur kit.
Proud dad Wayne, 31, frequently invites his young family – including three-year-old son Klay and ten-month-old son Kit – onto the pitch where they all match in the Red Devils' strips.
Scroll down for video
New kit? Wayne Rooney's eldest son, Kai, was spotted wearing rival team Tottenham Hotspur's football kit
Kai is also reportedly undertaking football training at the Manchester United youth academy where he will be learning key skills to follow in his dad’s record breaking footsteps.
However, it seems he likes to wear rival team Tottenham’s kit in his spare time – with the striking blue colour quite distinctly different from Man United’s red.
But it seems the Rooney household is pretty open when it comes to what football kits the boys wear – with friends telling The Sun that Kai was in no means disrespecting his dad or Man United and has in the past been gifted a Spurs shirt by striker Harry Kane.
Birthday blues? Kai donned the kit as he enjoyed a day out with his 30-year-old mum Coleen after he celebrated turning seven
Family united: Old Trafford star Wayne Rooney, 31, with sons Kai, seven, Klay, three, and ten-month-old Kit - who regularly support the Red Devils in their kits
While the blue kit sported by Kai on his birthday on November 2 was reminiscent of French player Hugo Lloris’, the pre-teen had shown support for another player this summer.
As dad Wayne was playing in the European cup in France, Kai was spotted with an England kit T-shirt with Leicester City player Jamie Vardy’s name on the back.
It was a day of celebration for Kai when he turned seven with mum Coleen highlighting the big day on social media.
True blue: Tottenham Hotspurs F.C's goal keeper is Frenchman Hugo Lloris
Oops! Coleen and Wayne Rooney celebrated eldest son Kai turning 7 with a cute snap... but they made a blunder by spelling 'birthday' wrong
She shared a snap of her eldest boy together with his younger brother Klay with a cake and birthday lightbox sign.
Sharing the snap on Twitter, Coleen wrote: 'Our Big boy is 7 Today!!! Happy Birthday Kai,' however failed to spot the word 'Birthday' had been misspelt on the lightbox.
However, she tried to laugh off the spelling blunder soon after, adding on Twitter: 'Thanks for all your lovely birthday wishes for Kai! Hahaha I know the sign was spelt wrong ... it was dropped and quickly put back together (sic)'.
Most watched News videos
- 'You should be my biggest fan' Gina Miller tells Farage
- Donald Trump dramatically rushed off stage by secret service
- Female student loses it and beats student over RINGTONE
- Paw-somely cute moment Belle the dog gives kisses to baby boy
- 'My dad OWNS your a***': School teacher hurls abuse at doorman
- Alec Baldwin's Trump kisses the FBI, Putin and the KKK on SNL
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- Woman kicks man to the floor after he gropes her in supermarket
- 'You should be ashamed of yourself': Leanne Wood to Farage
- Dog gets a big surprise when he eats a rather sour sweet
- Shocking moment lorry driver using his mobile kills family
- The paw that rocks the cradle: Dog gently soothes baby