Lady in Red! Queen Maxima stuns in an embellished gown at a state banquet in New Zealand with her husband King Willem-Alexander
- Queen Maxima attended a state banquet in a Claes Iversen couture gown
- The gown, by the Dutch designer, was a deep red and embellished
- Maxima paired it with the Queen Emma Diamond Tiara and gold clutch
- She attended the formal event with her husband King Willem-Alexander
- The Dutch royals are currently in New Zealand on a three-day state visit
She has only been in New Zealand for two days, but already Queen Maxima has shown she is not afraid to take a fashion risk.
On Monday the Dutch royal wore a Givenchy dress in green leopard print to visit the National War Memorial, and later that night, stunned in a floor-length red gown at Government House.
The Queen and her husband King Willem-Alexander, of The Netherlands, attended a State Banquet as part of their state visit of New Zealand.
And Maxima was the undisputed belle of the ball, stepping out in the embellished gown by Dutch designer Claes Iversen.
Scroll down for video
Belle of the ball: Queen Maxima, 45, stunned in a floor-length red gown at a state banquet at Government House in New Zealand
Royal occasion: The Dutch royal attended the event with her husband King Willem-Alexander
The Queen, 45, was flawless in the one-shoulder gown.
The couture design featured embellishments on the skirt and bodice, adding a touch of glamour to the deep red fabric.
A fitted ribbon hugged the mother-of-three's trim waist, and the full skirt fell around her feet.
Lady in red: The Queen wore an embellished one-shoulder couture gown by Dutch designer Claes Iversen
Family diamonds: She paired the gown with the Queen Emma Diamond Tiara, which has been in the royal family since 1890
She accessorised with a gold clutch and diamond bracelet.
On her head she wore the Queen Emma Diamond Tiara, which was gifted to Queen Emma by her husband King Willem III of the Netherlands after he passed away in 1890, according to Order of Spendor.
Since then is has been passed down through the royal family.
The tiara features three central clusters of diamonds, which feature a large center stone surrounded by eight smaller stones.
Fashion risk: The gown hugged the mother-of-three's trim waist and fell elegantly to the floor
Speaking out: King Willem-Alexander made a speech at the state banquet
State visit: Maxima and Willem-Alexander are on a three-day state visit of New Zealand and on Tuesday will travel to Christchurch
Queen Maxima wore the tiara at a state banquet held in the Porritt Room at Government House in New Zealand.
The event, held on Monday night, was hosted by Governor General Dame Patsy Reddy and her husband Sir David Gascoigne.
The Dutch Royals are currently on a three-day state visit of the country.
On Tuesday they will travel to Christchurch where they will visit the Willowbank Wildlife Reserve.
Most watched News videos
- Dramatic scenes as group of snakes pursue fleeing Iguana
- Funnel web spider all wrapped up after encounter with redback
- Horrific moment child gets crushed underneath falling door
- Snakes on a plane! Snake appears during Aeromexico flight
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- Paw-somely cute moment Belle the dog gives kisses to baby boy
- Man creates cosy home made entirely from shipping containers
- Moment furious van driver vents at group of motorcyclists
- Dramatic footage shows police car pursue fleeing drug dealer
- Horrifying moment white 'landowner' stuffs black man in coffin
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- Police release footage of Craigslist murderer preparing home