SPOILER ALERT: Trouble for Corrie's Ken when his estranged son AND grandson arrive in Weatherfield to continue Barlow Vs Baldwin feud
He has been through hell and back in recent months after suffering a heart-breaking stroke on Coronation Street.
And now things are about to take a turn for the worst for veteran Ken Barlow, played by actor William Roach, 84, when his estranged son and grandson arrive on the scene.
Ken, pictured with his troublesome brood, is in for the power struggle of his life when Daniel and Adam arrive on the cobbles.
Scroll down for video
Family affair: Corrie's stroke victim Ken Barlow finds himself in power struggle when estranged son Daniel (far right) and grandson Adam (far left) arrive in Weatherfield
This week viewers will be glued to their seats as Ken's son Daniel - his offspring from a fling with hairdresser Denise Osbourne - and his grandson Adam - from his daughter Susan's fling with his arch rival Mike Baldwin - hit the cobbles.
Their appearance will continue the Barlow Vs Baldwin feud through a new generation.
Producer Kate Oates says: 'I love the idea of a mini Mike, with his own kind of swagger, and a mini Ken, with his own baggage and view of life. It’s a nice dynamic.
'The tradition of Corrie is Ken versus Mike, and now we have new, fresh versions of those personalities.'
Fighting for life: Corrie's Ken Barlow (Bill Roache) was left fighting for his life after suffering a stroke in Monday night's episode
The return of Peter Barlow last month rocked the cobbles when a massive row between him and his dad ended in Ken suffering a stroke.
Ken was left fighting for his life after suffering the stroke in October.
And fans of the soap couldn't contain their grief, flocking to Twitter to share their emotions.
One wrote: 'Omg Noooooo not #KenBarlow why end there @itvcorrie #Corrie'
While another posted: 'That ending just made me well up a little. Sad for #KenBarlow @itvcorrie Fantastic acting.'
The boys are back in town: Ken's grandson Adam Barlow, played by Sam Robertson, will make his return to Corrie this week. He first appeared in 2007
Trouble for Ken: Rob Mallard will play Daniel, Ken Barlow's academic son
Now with hunky Sam Robertson returning to Corrie as Adam Barlow, and Rob Mallard taking on the role of Daniel, Ken Barlow's son, the drama will be far from over.
It's hardly surprising Ken's daughter Tracy is less than impressed at the Barlow boys’ posturing as they make their return this week.
With the power struggle ahead,it looks like Ken’s road to recovery will be a rocky one.
War zone: Adam and Daniel are ready to shake things up on the cobbles of Weatherfield
Most watched News videos
- Dramatic scenes as group of snakes pursue fleeing Iguana
- Funnel web spider all wrapped up after encounter with redback
- Horrific moment child gets crushed underneath falling door
- Snakes on a plane! Snake appears during Aeromexico flight
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- Paw-somely cute moment Belle the dog gives kisses to baby boy
- Man creates cosy home made entirely from shipping containers
- Moment furious van driver vents at group of motorcyclists
- Dramatic footage shows police car pursue fleeing drug dealer
- Horrifying moment white 'landowner' stuffs black man in coffin
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- Police release footage of Craigslist murderer preparing home