Just-in for one night: Cheerful Bieber swaps arenas for tiny Toronto bar as he surprises revellers with impromptu piano performance during night out
He is enjoying a welcome break from his Purpose world tour.
And Justin Bieber made the most of his time off as he treated revellers at a pub in Toronto to a lively impromptu piano performance.
The Sorry hitmaker, 22, surprised the thrilled crowd at The Fifth Pubhouse on Friday night as he played his own hits, and even covered the Beatles and Beethoven.
Scroll down for video
In high spirits: Justin Bieber, 22, treated drinkers at The Fifth Pubhouse in Toronto to an impromptu piano performance on Friday night
The Ontario-born star is back in his native Canada after his overseas tour, and dropped into the pub by himself.
Looking relaxed in a grey sweatshirt and ripped jeans, Justin appeared in high spirits as he enjoyed a beer and watched the Toronto Raptors game on television.
After spotting a piano inside, he reportedly asked staff if he could play it - and gave revellers a spontaneous concert.
The string of hits he gave the Bieber treatment included the Beatles' Let It Be, Beethoven's Fur Elise, OneRepublic's Apologize and his own chart-topper Sorry.
Musical guy: He played the Beatles' Let It Be, Beethoven's Fur Elise, OneRepublic's Apologize and his own chart-topper Sorry
Mingling: The Ontario native appeared in chirpy spirits as he chatted topunters
According to TMZ, the pub paid for Bieber’s bar tab as a gesture of goodwill for his performance.
Dale McDermott, a bartender at the joint, who recently moved to the Canadian city from Dublin, Ireland, tweeted about the intimate gig.
'Last night while I was working in my bar Justin Bieber came in on his own to get a few beers,' he revealed. 'We talked about Ireland and his visit.'
The 23-year-old added: 'He was a very genuine guy and was intrigued at my move to Toronto He wished me all the best and even mimicked my accent! Nice experience.'
Lowkey: The Sorry hitmaker looked relaxed in a grey sweatshirt and ripped jeans
Surprise! Punters gathered round to witness Justin's musical abilities
Meanwhile, Justin recently picked up a few awards at the MTV European Music Awards, which took place on Sunday.
Justin snagged prizes for Best Song - for hit single Sorry - and for the third year in a row, he won Best Fans.
'Thank u for always being there,' Justin tweeted, in response to a post from the MTV EMA account announcing his win.
Winner: Justin snagged prizes for Best Song - for hit single Sorry - and for the third year in a row, he won Best Fans at the MTV EMAs on Sunday
On the road again: Justin will return to touring on Tuesday, with a show in Vienna, Austria, before jetting off to Croatia, Poland, and the Czech Republic (pictured in October)
Most watched News videos
- Dramatic scenes as group of snakes pursue fleeing Iguana
- Funnel web spider all wrapped up after encounter with redback
- Horrific moment child gets crushed underneath falling door
- Snakes on a plane! Snake appears during Aeromexico flight
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- Man creates cosy home made entirely from shipping containers
- Moment furious van driver vents at group of motorcyclists
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- Paw-somely cute moment Belle the dog gives kisses to baby boy
- Horrifying moment white 'landowner' stuffs black man in coffin
- Dramatic footage shows police car pursue fleeing drug dealer
- Police release footage of Craigslist murderer preparing home