Ready for business! Queen Rania wears a sharp black velvet suit as she attends Jordan's opening day of parliament
- Queen Rania, 46, attended the 18th opening of state parliament today
- Mother-of-four supported King Abdullah II as he addressed politicians
- She looked sharp in a black pencil skirt suit with lace detail blouse
- King vowed to protect historical treasures inimpassioned speech
It's the most important day of the year for Jordan's politicians...and Queen Rania looked more than ready for business as she arrived at the state opening of parliament.
Wearing an Antonio Berardi black velvet outfit, with lace detail on the tailored skirt, Rania fitted in perfectly among the suits in Amman's parliament building.
The red carpet was rolled out for the formal occasion and the 46-year-old royal, with her highlighted hair in tumbling ringlets, looked suitably regal.
Scroll down for video
Queen Rania of Jordan arrives for the 18th state opening of parliament in Amman earlier today
Reign this winter in velvet like Queen Rania
On the opening day of parliament in Jordan, Queen Rania ensured she looked suitably regal.
Queen Rania always manages to ensure she looks super elegant without compromising on style and here she chose a pretty embroidered cream blouse that she paired with a velvet skirt suit by Antonio Berardi.
The ensmble came from the autumn/winter 2016 collection and was perfect for the Queen of Jordan. And while the tailored jacket and skirt set fit perfectly, we particularly love the lace up detailing on the sides of the skirt.
You sadly cannot buy the look online yet, but click right to shop available Antonio Berardi pieces at Net-a-Porter.
If you want to work velvet this winter why not check out the line up of similar skirts below from the likes of River Island and Missguided? Team with a blazer and shirt to keep it chic, or add a cropped T-shirt and white trainers to work cool daytime vibes.
The mother-of-four opted for a classic black pencil skirt suit, adding a feminine touch with a lace detail blouse and loose curls
She teemed the suit with a feminine light beige frilly blouse and a smart pair of stiletto heels.
Queen Rania, vocal on the world stage about Jordan's ongoing refugee plight, listened intently as her husband King Abdullah II addressed politicians and dignitaries.
The king vowed to continue protecting holy sites in Jerusalem.
Rania, who has been vocal on the world stage about Jordan's ongoing refugee plight, supported King Abdullah II as he addressed politicians
Rania is greeted by dignitaries on the opening day of parliament, which sees the King set out his vision for the year ahead
A busy week! Yesterday the Jordanian queen entertained the Polish first lady, Agata Kornhauser-Duda, in the country's capital
He told politicians: 'Despite all of the challenges and the repercussions, we will continue carrying out our historical role to protect the issues important to our nation, both Arab and Islamic, and fulfill our duty in protecting the holy places for Islam and Christianity in Jerusalem.'
It's been a busy weekend for the Jordanian royal; she hosted the First Lady of Poland, Agata Kornhauser-Duda, in Amman yesterday, taking her on a tour of the city's Children's Museum.
Most watched News videos
- Dramatic scenes as group of snakes pursue fleeing Iguana
- Horrific moment child gets crushed underneath falling door
- Snakes on a plane! Snake appears during Aeromexico flight
- Funnel web spider all wrapped up after encounter with redback
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- Moment furious van driver vents at group of motorcyclists
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- Man creates cosy home made entirely from shipping containers
- Paw-somely cute moment Belle the dog gives kisses to baby boy
- Horrifying moment white 'landowner' stuffs black man in coffin
- Dramatic footage shows police car pursue fleeing drug dealer
- Police release footage of Craigslist murderer preparing home