'Day 12 and she's still alive!': Flipping Out's Jeff Lewis cradles newborn daughter Monroe in sweet portrait
Jeff Lewis and partner Gage Edward welcomed their daughter via surrogate on October 25.
And on Sunday the Flipping Out star assured fans things were going well, posting: 'Day 12 and she's still alive!'
The 46-year-old new dad shared the news along with a sweet photo of himself and daughter Monroe Christine.
'Still alive!' Jeff Lewis joked on Sunday that he and partner Gage Edward had kept their daughter alive 12 days after her birth, adding hashtags 'milestone' and 'we got this'
The tiny bundle of joy sported a bright blue and white striped onesie in the heartwarming snap, in which Jeff held her with her head resting on his shoulder.
He showed off a small smile, dressing casually in a short-sleeved, black T-shirt and silver wristwatch.
The Flipping Out star hashtagged the sweet photo: 'milestone,' 'we got this,' and 'but we are tired.'
'Welcome Monroe Christine Lewis': Jeff and his partner Gage's baby girl was born via a surrogate on October 25
It had been a long road to parenthood for the couple, and Jeff was more than happy to share a shot of their new baby after her delivery via surrogate in October.
He tenderly cradled his daughter in his arms, while planting a kiss on her head in the first shared photo, commenting: 'At 4:22pm today, I grew up. Welcome Monroe Christine Lewis.'
The stars of the home renovation show tried unsuccessfully to adopt a child a number of times before turning to a surrogate to help them achieve their dreams of becoming dads.
Just waiting on the baby: The star recently shared a picture on Instagram of the stunning nursery he has designed for his little girl
While Jeff is known for his grumpy ways, he has been unable to hide his excitement about his little girl.
Ahead of the delivery, the TV personality had shared a picture on Instagram of the stunning nursery he has designed for his baby girl.
Going for chic and functional rather than pink traditional, Jeff's design ensures he and Gage have the perfect spot to be with their child.
Finally there: The Flipping Out couple (pictured on the show) tried unsuccessfully to adopt a child a number of times before turning to a surrogate to help them achieve their dreams of becoming dads
The couple announced they were expecting to People earlier this year, after being left 'heartbroken and disappointed' following a number of adoption attempts.
Jeff told the magazine: 'This has been a three or four year process for us. There were so many obstacles along the way, but there's a happy ending. I can't tell you how grateful and appreciative we are.'
Most watched News videos
- Dramatic scenes as group of snakes pursue fleeing Iguana
- Snakes on a plane! Snake appears during Aeromexico flight
- Horrific moment child gets crushed underneath falling door
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- Funnel web spider all wrapped up after encounter with redback
- Moment furious van driver vents at group of motorcyclists
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- Man creates cosy home made entirely from shipping containers
- Paw-somely cute moment Belle the dog gives kisses to baby boy
- Horrifying moment white 'landowner' stuffs black man in coffin
- Comedian Jon Stewart: 'Trump is a draft dodging orange Groundhog!'
- Dramatic footage shows police car pursue fleeing drug dealer