Donald's rarely seen mini-me Barron, 10, takes center stage behind his newly elected father - but could barely keep his eyes open during 3am speech
- Barron Trump was mocked on Twitter for looking sleepy during his father's acceptance speech
- The ten-year-old stayed up until 3am to watch Donald become the 45th President of the United States
- Viewers jokes that the youngster needed to go to bed or have a red bull as the youngster struggled to keep his eyes open
- Barron is the youngest child of a president-elect after Sasha Obama in more than fifty years
- Donald Trump previously admitted his fifth and youngest child, Barron, was a little nervous to leave his New York home for life at the White House
But for his ten-year-old son Barron, the excitement was all too much.
The youngster could barely keep his eyes open as his father made his late night acceptance speech on Tuesday after being voted the 45th President of the United States.
Scroll down for video
It was undoubtedly the most important night of Donald Trump's life when he was elected as the next president of the United States. But for his ten-year-old son Barron, the long night of results was too much
The youngster could barely keep his eyes open as his father made his acceptance speech after being voted the 45th President of the United States on Tuesday evening
Eagle-eyed viewers spotted president-elect Trump's youngest child rubbing his eyes, and swaying as he attempted to keep awake during the lengthy speech at 3am.
Barron Trump may only be ten years old but that didn't stop him being crucified on Twitter for his sleepy antics.
Many joked that he was bored by Donald's speech while others insisted he should be home in bed.
'When your own son doesn't even wanna see you become #president,' one user commented.
'Somebody needs to put #barrontrump to bed. Or give him a red bull. #MakeAmericaSleepAgain,' another tweeted.
One viewer commented that Barron represented everyone watching the election coverage: 'Barron Trump looks how we all feel .. a bit confuzzled.'
'Barron Trump is ready to get home and play COD MW remastered and his dad just keeps on talking,' wrote another.
Trump took a moment out of the evening of election results to help fix his son's tie
Barron Trump may only be ten years old but that didn't stop him being crucified on Twitter for his sleepy antics
Barron, Trump's fifth child, and the only one that he has with wife Melania, 46, is the youngest child of a president-elect in recent history, after Sasha Obama, who was just seven when Obama was elected.
The youngest child to live in the White House was John F. Kennedy Jr. who was the first kid ever to be born to a president-elect in 1960.
All of the Trump clan, including his sons Eric, Donald Jr and Barron, daughters Ivanka and Tiffany, wife Melania and running mate Mike Pence walked with the president-elect onstage in the early hours of Wednesday as he made his acceptance speech.
Barron, who has not typically been seen on his father's campaign, made the rare appearance and stood closest to his father during Trump's victory speech.
Trump thanked all who have helped getting him elected, including former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani and Governor Chris Christie.
He also praised Hillary Clinton on her 'hard fought' campaign in a speech aimed at reuniting the country after a divisive campaign.
It was a late night for Barron who stayed up until 3am to watch his father's victory speech
Donald Trump appeared onstage in New York in the early hours of Wednesday after he swept to a stunning victory
One viewer commented that Barron represented everyone watching the election coverage: 'Barron Trump looks how we all feel .. a bit confuzzled', while others wrote it was time for him to go to bed
'Now it is time for America to bind the wounds of division, have to get together. To all Republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people,' he told the crowd.
'No dream is too big, no challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach.
'America will no longer settle for anything less than the best.'
Now Barron, along with the rest of the Trump family, is preparing to leave his New York home and school to begin a new life in D.C.
His father previously admitted that his youngest was a little nervous about their move to the White House.
'It's a little scary for Barron,' Trump told People last year. 'He thinks he is going to be taken away from friends. But I tell him if this happens, Daddy will help people, and can help children like him, and that makes him happy.'
There is a 28 year age gap between Barron and Trump's eldest, Donald Jr. who he had with first wife Ivana.
The ten-year-old Trump mini-me, often referred to as Little Donald by Melania, bears a striking resemblance to his father, and also follows after him in temperament.
Most watched News videos
- Obama tells the world 'the sun will rise in the morning'
- Megyn Kelly to Eric Bolling: 'It's not about you'
- Donald Trump arrives home as 45th President of United States
- Donald Trump: I will be President for all Americans
- President-elect Trump vows to 'renew the American Dream'
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- Farage says current results of election are 'bigger than Brexit'
- Mother shaves daughters hair after she 'bullies cancer girl'
- Steve Price clashes with Jamila Rizvi over US election results
- Clinton delivers concession speech after shock loss to Trump
- 'Gloom and doom': Hillary fans leave rally dazed and crying
- 'He gets things done': Katie Hopkins backs Donald Trump