Now Schapelle Corby's mother claims her daughter is NOT in a relationship with Indonesian boyfriend busted for drugs in Bali
- Indonesian police allege Ben Panangian was in possession of marijuana
- The 32-year-old faces a maximum 12 years in jail if found guilty of charge
- Police found marijuana on him and another stash hidden in his wardrobe
- Schapelle Corby was convicted of smuggling drug to in Bali in 2004
- She was released on parole under the condition she stayed away from drugs and crime
- Police say they have no plans to investigate the 37-year-old Australian
The mother of convicted drug smuggler Schapelle Corby has denied her daughter is in a relationship with an Indonesia man who has been arrested for drug possession.
It was revealed on Friday, Corby's boyfriend Ben Panagian was allegedly caught with marijuana after he was searched on a Bali street on August 20 and later found more in his wardrobe.
The 32-year-old faces a maximum of 12 years in prison if he is found guilty, the Herald Sun reported.
Scroll down for video
Schapelle Corby's boyfriend has been charged by Indonesian police after he was allegedly caught in possession of drugs in Bali
Schapelle Corby was released from a Bali jail in February after serving nine years for drug smuggling
Rosleigh Rose told Nine News was not aware of the specifics of the charge.
But she was adamant that 'Ben [was] not Schapelle's boyfriend'.
'They know each other, that's it,' Ms Rose said.
Her denial comes despite Corby and Panagian being linked as early as 2006 after meeting in jail while both were serving time for drug offences, according to The Australian Women's Weekly.
As Corby is only free on parole in Bali under the condition that she stay away from drugs and crime, she is expected to receive a severe warning and will be monitored more strictly.
Panangian first met Corby behind bars while he was serving time in jail
Police on Friday said they had no plans to investigate Corby because the pair's relationship is unclear.
Panangian, who's previously been locked up for drug charges, was arrested in Nusa Dua at about 6pm with two packages of marijuana.
Police said they seized a total of nine grams of cannabis and arrested him under the name Bernanrd P. Simanjunta.
Witnesses confirmed the man was Corby's boyfriend.
Corby was released from Bali's Kerobokan Prison five months ago after serving nine years in jail for couriering 4.2 kilograms of marijuana to Indonesia.
The 37-year-old got back with her Indonesian boyfriend who supported her while she was locked-up a couple of months after her release from jail, Daily Mail Australia reported in July.
The two reportedly met when they were both inmates serving time in prison.
Corby was released from a Bali jail in February after serving nine years for drug smuggling.
Parole board boss Ketut Artha says officers will now watch the convicted drug smuggler more closely.
He may also personally warn her about the company she is keeping - but he won't revoke her parole.
'With this case, we will tighten supervision for her,' he said on Friday.
'We will also warn her and visit her more often.
'Early next month she is due to report [to the parole office] and we will warn her.'
Corby's parole officer also said she never mentioned a boyfriend in her counselling sessions.
The 37-year-old got back with her Indonesian boyfriend who supported her while she was locked-up a couple of months after her release from jail
Corby was released from Bali's Kerobokan Prison five months ago after serving nine years in jail for couriering 4.2 kilograms of cannabis to Indonesia
In 2004, she was stopped by officers at Ngurah Rai International Airport in Denpasar and was caught with 4.2 kilograms of marijuana in her boogie board bag.
She was sentenced 20 years behind bars in 2005 but was later granted a five-year sentence reduction.
While imprisoned, Corby claimed she suffered from extreme depression and shared with a psychiatrist her thoughts on suicide.
Her parole conditions state that she must not be involved with crime.
She lives with her sister, Mercedes, in the tourist area of Kuta.
It's believed she now works at her sister's surfboard and swimwear shop on the island.
Most watched News videos
- The 2016 John Lewis Christmas ad campaign is finally here!
- Emotional Chelsea Handler fights back tears over election results
- Obama and Trump sit down to discuss the transfer of power
- Seth Meyers gets emotional talking about mom's disappointment
- Three-month-old baby appears to say 'I love you' to mother
- Boy flies 5,000 miles home to see sick Mum in hospital
- Incredible behind the scenes look at Planet Earth's snake attack
- Is this the creepy moment the corpse of a girl OPENS her eyes?
- Army veteran confronts suspected remembrance poppy conman
- Steve Price clashes with Jamila Rizvi over US election results
- Trump slams Obama and Iran over mysterious money transfer tape
- Clinton delivers concession speech after shock loss to Trump
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.