Who's under the hat and sunglasses? Carla Bruni-Sarkozy steps out in Paris wearing full disguise
She has posed naked, slept with rock stars and reportedly answered the door to a journalist without a top on. Carla Bruni-Sarkozy is not known for being a shrinking violet.
But today, as she stepped out in Paris with a friend, the French-Italian supermodel covered up her legendary looks with large dark glasses and a trilby pulled down over her face.
The model and musician who once had rock stars and artists throwing themselves at her feet has now chalked up four years' of marriage with former French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
In disguise: Carla Bruni Sarkozy stepped out in Paris today wrapped up warm in leather jacket and scarf - and with trilby and sunglasses covering most of her face
The two married in 2008 after a brief romance and Carla made the perfect First Lady during her husband's premiership.
Today, despite the ongoing corruption
case her husband is going through - he is accused of taking millions
from the frail l'Oreal heiress Liliane Bettencourt, 90 - Carla managed
to look relaxed, and even to smile for the cameras.
At 45 years old, Carla still has the
slim figure of a catwalk model and she dressed stylishly in slim-fitting
jeans paired with a leather jacket from the French Acrobatic Patrol
that bore a patch inscribed with her name.
Although there has long been much speculation surrounding Carla's youthful appearance, the star has never spoken out to confirm or deny having surgical help maintaining her looks.
Flying high: Carla wore a leather flight jacket of the French Acrobatic Patrol with a small patch bearing her name
Slender: Carla was accompanied by a friend in the French capital today
CARLA THROUGH THE YEARS
LEFT: In her heyday: Carla Bruni on the Paris runway in 1994. RIGHT: As First Lady in 2009 at the G20 summit
She wasn't always so shy: A black and white photograph of Carla dating from 1993 sold for £45,500 in 2008 - the year the former supermodel wed French President Nicolas Sarkozy
Most watched News videos
- Prince Harry announces Sydney will host the 2018 Invictus games
- Road rage incident turns personal as drivers insult each other
- Mother kicks her young child out for voting Trump in school
- Clinton makes final appearance at campaign headquarters
- New Marks and Spencer Christmas ad places Mrs Claus as hero
- Father surprises his daughter after he comes out of present box
- Huge brawl erupts at Artesian Commons Park in Washington
- Two dogs brutally attack mother and child outside their home
- Trump pledges not to take salary if President during 2015 rally
- Obama and Trump sit down to discuss the transfer of power
- Three-month-old baby appears to say 'I love you' to mother
- Ruth Langsford fights back tears over 'final walk' dog Walnut
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.