EXCLUSIVE PICTURES: Kim Kardashian's former bodyguard Pascal Duvier spotted working for Fergie on Malibu beach shoot
- Pascal was 'let go' by Kim Kardashian and Kanye West following the reality star's Paris heist nightmare in early October
- He had worked for Kim and Kanye for four years
- Initially the couple had kept him on but made changes to their security team earlier this month
- The German, who runs his own security company, kept watch as Fergie frolicked in the surf on Friday
Kim Kardashian's former bodyguard Pascal Duvier isn't letting the sand shift under his feet after being 'let go' by the reality star following her Paris heist ordeal.
The security specialist who runs his own company was spotted keeping watch over singer Fergie on Friday as she shot what appeared to be a music video in the beach in Malibu.
The Black Eyed Peas vocalist has previously been a client of Pascal's German ProtectSecurity firm and is clearly happy to have him around despite the controversy over the Kardashian incident.
Scroll down for video
New gig: Kim Kardashian's former bodyguard Pascal Duvier looked happy and relaxed as he provided security for singer Fergie at a video shoot on the beach in Malibu on Friday
Watchful: Pascal, far left, kept close to the star as she walked across the beach on a long bath robe with several crew members
Pascal was dressed all in black and seemed fairly relaxed as he oversaw proceedings.
He carried a black umbrella and occasionally used it to shade Fergie as she splashed in the surf.
And he was never far from her side despite the presence of several crew members around her.
On guard: The German who runs his own security company was dressed all in black and surveyed the beach as Fergie frolicked in the surf for the cameras
He's a pro: The six-feet-four-inch tall bodyguard made sure he was in position should he be needed by the Black Eyed Peas vocalist
Water baby: Fergie was in her element as she splashed around in the ocean in a black two-piece and white tank top
It's the first time Pascal has been seen at work as a body guard since news broke that he'd been dismissed by Kim and her husband Kanye West following the October 3 nighttime robbery in the French capital.
The Keeping Up With The Kardashians reality star, 35, has kept a low profile since the highly-publicized heist during which she was threatened at gun point before thieves escaped with millions of dollars in jewelry.
The German had been assigned to protecting Kim's sisters Kendall and Kourtney when the robbery happened and while the Kardashians said they didn't blame him for what happened, after four years in their employ, Pascal is no longer working for them.
Hired: Fergie has previously employed Pascal to provide her with security services and clearly has every faith in him
Environmentally conscious: The 43-year-old clearly enjoyed his assignment and posted this selfie to his Instagram with a message about protecting the beaches and the planet
Kitted out: The burly bodyguard wore a waistpack and also had an umbrella
Out: Pascal had provided personal protection to Kim Kardahsian (pictured) and her husband Kanye West for four years but is no longer working for them following Kim's Paris heist ordeal
In the immediate aftermath, both Kim and Kanye had seemed to show their support for Pascal, who was seen protecting the couple in New York City immediately after the robbery.
A shift began to occur in recent weeks though, according to some close to the family, with Kanye becoming increasingly concerned about the safety of his wife Kim and their two children, North and Saint.
A source told Entertainment Tonight a few weeks ago: 'Kim and Kanye are reassessing their security detail now. Kanye is freaking out - this really threw him for a loop.
'There will be a lot of things that change now in terms of security, especially with the children.'
In addition to Fergie, Pascal's other longtime celebrity clients include Will.i.am, the Pussycat Dolls, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Lana del Rey and Katy Perry.
Working it: Fergie changed outfits and donned a white fringed poncho as she struck a variety of poses on the sand
New music: The singer has a new album on the way and just released her new single Life Goes On
Scenic: Fergie shared a short video clip to her Instagram showing her shooting her video against the Malibu sunset
Most watched News videos
- Prince Harry announces Sydney will host the 2018 Invictus games
- Road rage incident turns personal as drivers insult each other
- Mother kicks her young child out for voting Trump in school
- Clinton makes final appearance at campaign headquarters
- New Marks and Spencer Christmas ad places Mrs Claus as hero
- Father surprises his daughter after he comes out of present box
- Huge brawl erupts at Artesian Commons Park in Washington
- Two dogs brutally attack mother and child outside their home
- Trump pledges not to take salary if President during 2015 rally
- Ruth Langsford fights back tears over 'final walk' dog Walnut
- Obama and Trump sit down to discuss the transfer of power
- Three-month-old baby appears to say 'I love you' to mother