'He can’t do manly or strong': Ed Balls' Strictly dance partner Katya Jones reveals the politician has embraced his 'inner camp'
He puts his own stamp on whichever genre of dance he's tasked with learning.
But Ed Balls' Strictly Come Dancing partner Katya Jones has revealed there's one thing the politician can't do: be manly.
The Russian beauty told the Daily Mirror: 'Ed is the first to admit he is quite camp. We’ve discovered his inner camp is coming out through this process, so anything that is masculine like the paso doble he does in a totally camp way. He can’t do manly or strong.'
Scroll down for video
Natural performer: Ed Balls' Strictly Come Dancing partner Katya Jones has revealed there's one thing the politician can't do: be manly
She also said that Ed's wife Yvette Cooper hasn't given her any advice on how to handle the fan favourite, but claimed the MP wanted her husband to stay in the competition for fitness reasons.
She explained: 'Ed always looks for approval from Yvette. She wants us to carry on in the competition so he keeps losing weight.'
While he has slimmed down since taking part in the show, Ed recently admitted that the demands of Strictly have left him exhausted.
Giving his all: Ed puts his own stamp on whichever genre of dance he's tasked with learning
He said: 'To be honest, I’ve been exhausted for about two months. It would be fair to say it’s very tiring, this Strictly.'
Ed, who has been married to Labour MP Yvette, 47, since 1998, recently revealed that his wife was the one who pushed him to take part in the BBC series in the hope it would help him lose weight.
Speaking on This Morning, the star confessed he was already seeing results but was determined to keep going.
Left to get on with it: Katya said that Ed's wife Yvette Cooper hasn't given her any advice on how to handle the fan favourite
He explained: 'She thinks there’s at least another stone-and-a-half to go. So far, it’s probably about a stone, which for six weeks isn’t bad.
'I’m also toning up and changing shape. You can just feel it.'
He continued: 'It’s the most fabulous show. When I was asked in the spring I thought I was going to say no.
'Yvette said "how can you possibly say no to learning to dance?"'
Showman: The pro dancer said Ed had discovered his 'inner camp'
Most watched News videos
- Prince Harry announces Sydney will host the 2018 Invictus games
- Road rage incident turns personal as drivers insult each other
- Mother kicks her young child out for voting Trump in school
- Clinton makes final appearance at campaign headquarters
- New Marks and Spencer Christmas ad places Mrs Claus as hero
- Father surprises his daughter after he comes out of present box
- Huge brawl erupts at Artesian Commons Park in Washington
- Two dogs brutally attack mother and child outside their home
- Trump pledges not to take salary if President during 2015 rally
- Ruth Langsford fights back tears over 'final walk' dog Walnut
- Obama and Trump sit down to discuss the transfer of power
- Three-month-old baby appears to say 'I love you' to mother