Rolling in deep space! Adele gets private tour of NASA headquarters from astronaut who presented her Brit Award
As a performer she is beyond stratospheric.
So it was only fitting Adele nabbed herself a private tour of NASA headquarters this week.
The singer was treated to a behind-the-scenes look inside the Space Center Houston while on a break between performances in Texas, The Mirror reported.
Rolling in deep space! Adele got a private tour of NASA headquarters this week
The 28-year-old and a number of her crew were treated by Tim Peake, the astronaut who presented Adele with her Global Sucess Brit Award from space in February.
A source told the paper: 'A number of Adele’s crew went with her to hang out with Tim at the Space Center.
'They had just performed two gigs nearby and had a few days in between shows so they wanted to make the most of their time off.'
The insider claimed the superstar has purposely arranged her current Adele Live 2016 tour purposely 'so she could see a bit of the world rather than just turn up and leave hours after the performance'.
Crew: Backing singer Amanda Brown tweeted: 'Thank you everyone at @NASA and especially @astro_timpeake for an incredible day', along with a picture of a NASA landing pod
'She has been taking in lots of tourist attractions as she made her way round,' they said.
Backing singer Amanda Brown tweeted: 'Thank you everyone at @NASA and especially @astro_timpeake for an incredible day', along with a picture of a NASA landing pod.
This week it also emerged Adele has earned a whopping £100million over the past five years - but she has been forced to fork out £14.5million in tax.
Last year the global chart-topper handed over £4million to the Inland Revenue, while in 2014 she paid £2.5million.
Her successes in 2013 saw her landed with a huge £6million tax bill, while she paid out £2million in 2012 and 2011.
Mates: She received the tour from Tim Peake, the astronaut who presented her Global Sucess Brit Award from space in February
Emotional: Adele was brought to tears when she picked up the trophy
Most watched News videos
- Prince Harry announces Sydney will host the 2018 Invictus games
- Road rage incident turns personal as drivers insult each other
- Mother kicks her young child out for voting Trump in school
- Clinton makes final appearance at campaign headquarters
- New Marks and Spencer Christmas ad places Mrs Claus as hero
- Father surprises his daughter after he comes out of present box
- Huge brawl erupts at Artesian Commons Park in Washington
- Two dogs brutally attack mother and child outside their home
- Trump pledges not to take salary if President during 2015 rally
- Ruth Langsford fights back tears over 'final walk' dog Walnut
- Obama and Trump sit down to discuss the transfer of power
- Three-month-old baby appears to say 'I love you' to mother