'He showed me how women should be treated and respected': Shanina Shaik takes a dig at her ex Tyson Beckford while gushing about fiancé DJ Ruckus
Her fiancé DJ Ruckus was involved in a bloody nightclub brawl with her ex-boyfriend Tyson Beckford earlier this year.
And it seems Shanina Shaik still hasn't resolved things with Tyson, as she appeared to criticise the 45-year-old model in an interview this week.
During a Q&A session with Cheyenne Tozzi, Shanina said that meeting DJ Ruckus - real name Greg Andrews - was the most cherished moment in her life.
Scroll down for video
'It opened my eyes': Shanina Shaik appeared to criticise her ex-boyfriend Tyson Beckford, 45, by describing her fiancé DJ Ruckus as the first man to treat her with respect
The 25-year-old former Victoria's Secret model suggested DJ Ruckus was the first man to ever treat her with respect.
Speaking of their early romance, she said: 'It opened my eyes to a whole new world about how women should be treated and respected.'
Shanina began dating Tyson - who is 20 years her senior - after meeting on reality TV show Make Me A Supermodel in 2008 when she was still a teenager.
The pair split in June last year under what appears to be bitter circumstances.
New flame: After dating Tyson for several years, Shanina moved on with DJ Ruckus just months after their 2015 break-up. They got engaged in January this year
Shanina moved on with DJ Ruckus just months later, before becoming engaged to the musician in January this year.
Meanwhile, Tyson recently made the surprising confession that he is 'controlling' in relationships.
Speaking to Diana Madison at Michael Costello's New York Fashion Week show, he said: 'I have a way of putting my foot in my mouth.'
He continued: 'There is no filter and that is my problem'.
First love? Shanina began dating Tyson - who is 20 years her senior - after meeting on reality TV show Make Me A Supermodel in 2008 when she was still a teenager. Pictured in 2014
What? Meanwhile, Tyson recently made the surprising confession that he is 'controlling' in relationships, adding: 'There is no filter and that is my problem'
The well-known ladies' man also revealed he likes to decide what his partner wears in public.
'I kind of get controlling when she is getting dressed, like I might be like "Don’t wear that, wear this",' Tyson laughed.
'I am one of those fashion boyfriends.'
'I kind of get controlling': The well-known ladies' man also revealed he likes to decide what his partner wears in public. Pictured in NYC in April
Most watched News videos
- Prince Harry announces Sydney will host the 2018 Invictus games
- Road rage incident turns personal as drivers insult each other
- Mother kicks her young child out for voting Trump in school
- Clinton makes final appearance at campaign headquarters
- New Marks and Spencer Christmas ad places Mrs Claus as hero
- Father surprises his daughter after he comes out of present box
- Huge brawl erupts at Artesian Commons Park in Washington
- Two dogs brutally attack mother and child outside their home
- Trump pledges not to take salary if President during 2015 rally
- Ruth Langsford fights back tears over 'final walk' dog Walnut
- Obama and Trump sit down to discuss the transfer of power
- Three-month-old baby appears to say 'I love you' to mother
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.