Black mom becomes viral star with rant at Black Lives Matter protesters for rallying over death of 'thugs and criminals' instead of black on black crime
- Peggy Hubbard who grew up in St Louis, Missouri, released a rant to Facebook on Thursday which went viral and racked up millions of views
- Hubbard said Black Lives Matters protesters rallied for an 18-year-old 'armed' black teen shot by police instead of black on black crime
- The former Navy officer and mom said focus should shift to events like shooting of black nine-year-old girl in Ferguson by an armed black shooter
A mother and former Navy officer who lives in Illinois has said that Black Lives Matter protesters should focus less on police brutality and more on black on black crime.
Peggy Hubbard, who according to Facebook is originally from St Louis, Missouri, posted a video on the social networking site last week detailing her frustration at protesters who focus on police shooting black criminals and less on the crimes committed by the individuals.
Hubbard's Facebook rant was in response to news that a black nine-year-old girl in Ferguson, Missouri, was shot and killed on Tuesday as she did homework in her mother's bed. Since being posted it has racked up millions of views.
Shift focus: Mother and former Navy officer Peggy Hubbard who lives in Illinois said on Thursday that Black Lives Matter protesters should focus less on police brutality and more on black on black crime
She said that instead of protesting black on black crime, Black Lives Matters protesters instead took to the streets to march for an 18-year-old black man who was shot.
WGNTV reports that officers said that the teen pointed a gun at them. Other reports say that the teen was shot in the back.
'Last night, who do you think they protested for? The thug, the criminal, because they’re howling, "police brutality." Are you kidding me? Police brutality? How about black brutality,' said Hubbard.
'A little girl is dead. You say black lives matter? Her life mattered. Her dreams mattered. Her future mattered. Her promises mattered. It mattered,' she added.
Hubbard, who according to her Facebook served in the Navy, said she has a son behind bars who she turned into police.
'I turned him in. Yes I did because I’m a strong black woman. I am a black mother. I told my children that if you (mess) up, if you go to jail, I am not getting you out. You will stay there. You will do the time. I am not coming to visit you. I ain’t sending you magazines. I’m not doing anything for you because I did everything I could for you out here and yet you chose to go in there,' she said in the video.
Hubbard who served in the Navy said she has a son behind bars who she turned into police. She is pictured above in Facebook photos
Response: After Hubbard's video got millions of views she posted to her Facebook to say all people's lives matter regardless of color
She says the advice she gave her son in prison is don’t drop the soap.
According to Hubbard's Facebook she studied criminal justice at a college in California and later went to work for the IRS.
'You guys need to stop. You’re hollering this black lives matters (stuff). It don’t matter. You’re killing each other. White people don’t care. They don’t care. Save us some tax dollars. I need new parts for my Harley. If you want to die, die. Go ahead and knock yourself out. Your life does not matter. If it doesn’t matter to you then it doesn’t matter to us. That is the truth of the reality. If you don’t care then we don’t care,' she said.
After Hubbard's video got millions of views she posted to her Facebook to say all people's lives matter regardless of color. She says that she doesn't 'have all the answers' but that she believes that being anti-government isn't helping black communities.
She said that some people from the black community accused her of 'not being on their side', to which she said she's not on any side based on race alone.
Criticism: Peggy Hubbard said that some people from the black community accused her of 'not being on their side' to which she said she's not on any side based on race alone
Most watched News videos
- Road rage incident turns personal as drivers insult each other
- Prince Harry announces Sydney will host the 2018 Invictus games
- Mother kicks her young child out for voting Trump in school
- Clinton makes final appearance at campaign headquarters
- New Marks and Spencer Christmas ad places Mrs Claus as hero
- Father surprises his daughter after he comes out of present box
- Huge brawl erupts at Artesian Commons Park in Washington
- Trump pledges not to take salary if President during 2015 rally
- Ruth Langsford fights back tears over 'final walk' dog Walnut
- Two dogs brutally attack mother and child outside their home
- Bodybuilder with '0% body fat' flexes her muscles in the gym
- Dogs leaping through grass like antelope will cheer you up
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.