No Bad Blood here! Taylor Swift 'is writing songs about exes Calvin Harris and Tom Hiddleston'... but will focus on their 'friendly' breakups
There's no doubt that Taylor Swift fans have been expecting the star to pen a new chart-topping breakup anthem following her two recent splits.
And while the 26-year-old is heading back into the studio to write songs about Calvin Harris and Tom Hiddleston, according to E!, she is said to be focusing on their amicable break-ups rather than their doomed romances.
Swift, who is famous for addressing past relationships in her music, dated the Scottish DJ for about 14 months and the British Thor star over most of this summer.
Incoming: Taylor Swift is allegedly writing new songs about the last two men she's dated, though the lyrics will give evidence to the 'friendly' nature of their present relationships
Yet the lyrics, which will be part of her sixth studio album, apparently aren't going to be particularly blistering.
Per the source, Swift 'is on good terms with Tom at this point,' and has given Harris 'a friendly check-in' via text.
Though she and Harris, who dated about from last April until this June, aren't set on 'getting back together,' their pacific relationship will be clear from her songs.
Swift's most recent studio album was 1989, which she released in October of 2014, before she began dating Harris.
Cosying up: The 26-year-old dated Calvin Harris from about last April until this June. They are pictured here in May 2015
Suffolk strut: Swift then dated Tom Hiddleston for three months before they called it quits in September. They are shown here in June
Though she's not put out any new solo music in the interim, she did help Harris co-write his 2016 hit This Is What You Came For, which was sung by Rihanna.
After it was revealed that she had written the song, Harris slammed his ex on Twitter, accusing her of trying to 'tear him down', 'bury' him and make him 'look bad'.
However the pair appear to be on better terms nowadays, and after This Is What You Came For was announced as the only song this year to be certified double platinum in the UK he tweeted: 'I am blessed to work with incredible artists @rihanna @taylorswift13 thank you!!!'
Queen of breakup anthems: Taylor, shown last week at the CMA Awards, is known for writing songs about her exes
Swift started dating Hiddleston just a couple of weeks after her split from Harris, but despite having piled on the PDA during several romantic getaways together, the romance fizzled out within three months.
The singer, who has recently been linked to Drake, has only played one concert this year.
She took the stage at Circuit Of The Americas in Austin during the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix last month.
New romance?: The pop star has recently been linked to Drake, who she is seen with here last week
Most watched News videos
- SNL mocks confident Clinton supporters with Dave Chappelle
- Havelock resident shocked as he films earthquake hitting NZ
- Trump supporter spews ignorant racist rant at young woman
- Michael Moore tries to meet with Trump at Trump Tower
- Adorable boxer dog jumps far better than the John Lewis dog
- Mother kicks her young child out for voting Trump in school
- Clinton makes final appearance at campaign headquarters
- Nigel Farage avoids questions as he enters Trump Tower
- Dogs leaping through grass like antelope will cheer you up
- Bodybuilder with '0% body fat' flexes her muscles in the gym
- Road rage incident turns personal as drivers insult each other
- Terryfing video of ground shaking as earthquake hits Christchurch