I'm A Celebrity's Sam Quek is fighting back against breast implants: Team GB hockey star says she will represent women 'with small boobs' on the show
- She is one of 12 contestants to go into the jungle for the 16th series
- The 28-year-old was worried into the famous shower with her small bust
- However, she said she is going to 'crack on' regardless of her insecurities
Olympic hockey heroine Sam Quek says she is going into I’m A Celebrity to strike a blow for smaller-chested women against fake breasts
Olympic hockey heroine Sam Quek says she is going into I’m A Celebrity to strike a blow for smaller-chested women against fake breasts.
The Team GB star said she would ‘crack on’ with the ITV show – and its ‘infamous’ shower shoot in a bikini – despite her own insecurities about the size of her bust.
Quek said: ‘Quite a lot of people in the media – and girls may look up to them – have fake boobs and if it makes them feel better or more confident in their bodies, then that’s absolutely fine.
‘But for me, it’s more of a case of, “I am an athlete. This is my body and I just want to be comfortable in my own skin.” Hopefully, if people do feel pressured to get anything done, I can potentially be a role model for that.’
She is one of 12 contestants about to brave the Australian bush in the 16th series of ITV’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here, which starts tonight at 9pm.
Quek, 28, from the Wirral, Merseyside, revealed that the idea of getting into the jungle shower – made famous by Myleene Klass a decade ago – stirred her concerns.
She said: ‘I had a bit of a worry about this before coming into the jungle. Every woman has her hang-ups and for me, I have quite small boobs.
‘I had conversations with some designers about whether I could get those chicken fillets sewn into my bikini because that is my ultimate hang-up, especially when the infamous jungle shower shoot comes about.’
Quek, 28, from the Wirral, Merseyside, revealed that the idea of getting into the jungle shower – made famous by Myleene Klass a decade ago (pictured) – stirred her concerns
However, she rejected that idea. She said: ‘You just have to crack on. It’s just me being silly, so I am going into the jungle to represent myself and other women who may have small boobs.’
Quek also hopes she could give women an alternative image to aspire to rather than the surgically enhanced figures that bombard them on TV.
She said: ‘Every woman has her hang-ups her boobs, bottom or whatever. Mine just happens to be my boobs.’
Most watched News videos
- SNL mocks confident Clinton supporters with Dave Chappelle
- Havelock resident shocked as he films earthquake hitting NZ
- Trump supporter spews ignorant racist rant at young woman
- Adorable boxer dog jumps far better than the John Lewis dog
- Michael Moore tries to meet with Trump at Trump Tower
- Mother kicks her young child out for voting Trump in school
- Clinton makes final appearance at campaign headquarters
- Nigel Farage avoids questions as he enters Trump Tower
- Dogs leaping through grass like antelope will cheer you up
- Bodybuilder with '0% body fat' flexes her muscles in the gym
- Road rage incident turns personal as drivers insult each other
- Terryfing video of ground shaking as earthquake hits Christchurch