Polished in plum! Queen Letizia of Spain wears purple accents as she joins husband King Felipe VI for a ceremony in Madrid
- Letizia attended the 50th anniversary of the Synod of Spanish bishops
- She looked pretty in plum as she arrived at the Plenary Assembly
- King Felipe VI gave a speech during the ceremonial events today
She's one of the few European royals to favour trousers over skirts but Queen Letizia has been neglecting her signature style of late.
However, fans of the Spanish queen's tailored look will be pleased to see that Letizia was back in pants today as she conducted an engagement in Madrid.
The mother-of-two showcased her slender frame in a pair of slim pleated black trousers as she attended a ceremony in the Spanish capital.
Queen Letizia was pretty in plum today as she stepped out in the Spanish capital of Madrid
The former journalist added plum coloured accents to her outfit in the form of a fitted tweed jacket and an elegant purple clutch.
Always a stickler for coordination the royal further married in her choice of colour by wearing a complementary shade of purple lipstick this afternoon.
The Queen of Spain was joined by her husband King Felipe VI and opted for stilletto heels to give her extra height next to her towering spouse.
The 44-year-old royal stuck with the straighter hair style that she has been seen favouring of late on Tuesday afternoon.
She joined her husband King Felipe VI for the Spanish Episcopal Conference at the Plenary Assembly
The former journalist added plum coloured accents to her outfit in the form of a fitted tweed jacket and an elegant purple clutch
The Queen of Spain opted for stilletto heels to give her height next to her towering spouse
She and her husband attended the Spanish Episcopal Conference at the Plenary Assembly in the country's capital.
While there the queen sat by the king as he spoke during a ceremony held on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Synod of Spanish bishops.
Upon arriving this afternoon, a charming Letizia was seen greeting the bishops one by one.
Charming Letizia was seen greeting the bishops one by one as she arrived this afternoon
While there the queen sat by the king as he spoke during a ceremony held on the occassion of the 50th anniversary of the Synod of Spanish bishops
This is the first royal visit to the Plenary Assembly in 15 years with the last visit performed by King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia in 2001.
As part of their visit the King and Queen will be presented with two separate institutional gifts at the Episcopal Conference.
One of the gifts was a bust of John Paul II, a reproduction of one that stands in the Episcopal Conference Chapel.
The second gift the new edition of the Roman Missall, a liturgical book, in Spanish.
Queen Letizia looked deep in thought as she listened to her husband talk this afternoon
Most watched News videos
- Mob storm police station and lynch suspected paedophile
- Teen films a burning 'meteorite' moving across sky in Japan
- Trump updates his policy plans for first 100 days in office
- Supermodel Gigi Hadid fights off man who grabs her at Milan show
- Tidal surge filmed on Sunaoshi River in Tagajo, Japan
- Kim Kardashian attacked in Paris by notorious prankster
- Doorman knocks-out troublemaker during two-on-one confrontation
- The moment a 7.4 magnitude earthquake hit Fukushima
- Gruesome moment Korean chef dissects a LIVE octopus
- 100 special police agents protect suspected paedophile from mob
- Embarassed Prince Harry turns down dance in Antigua
- Pawsome! Poodle dressed in people clothes walks like human