'Baby and mom are doing great!': Bachelor stars Chris and Peyton Lambton welcome their first child together
Chris and Peyton Lambton have a lot to be thankful for.
Just days ahead of Thanksgiving the former Bachelor stars have welcomed their first child together - a baby girl named Lyla.
Chris, 38, took to Instagram to share the happy news with a photo of the family and wrote: 'Happy to announce the addition to our family Lyla James. Baby and mom are both doing great! #BabyLambton @peytonwlambton #imadad'
Happy news! Bachelor stars Chris and Peyton Lambton announced the arrival of their daughter Lyla on Tuesday
Peyton, 32, also shared her own sweet snap of the tot, writing: 'I never knew I could be so in love! Lyla James is here and our life has changed for the better!!'
The couple announced they were expecting back in June and told People: 'It’s something we’ve wanted for a long time, and we’re so excited it’s finally here,'
Peyton starred on Chris vied for the affections of Ali Fedotowsky during season six of The Bachelorette in 2010.
Peyton - who used to have the last name Wright - competed on Andy Baldwin's season 10 of The Bachelor in 2007 while Chris vied for the affections of Ali Fedotowsky during season six of The Bachelorette in 2010.
So in love! Peyton, 32, also shared her own sweet snap of the tot
It seems Lyla was a little overdue as Peyton shared this snap eagerly awaiting her arrival last week
One on the way: The duo, pictured celebrating 4th July together, announced in June that they were expecting their first child together
But the couple - who live in Cape Cod - didn't meet until 2011 through mutual friends and married the following year.
Last month, Peyton opened up about her journey to motherhood in her blog.
'Throughout this pregnancy, I have experienced all kinds of emotions, both physical and mental. It has been quite a roller coaster!
Something in common: The couple met in 2011 through mutual friends after starring on separate seasons of the Bachelor franchise
'When I first found out I was pregnant, I was excited and also relieved because we had been through so much to get to this point.
'Shortly after the high of the positive came some pretty intense fear...Thankfully, I have had nine months to really explore these fears and to talk through them with my husband. Women have been doing this for centuries, and I knew we would figure it all out.'
The couple has starred together in HGTV's My New Old House and Chris also hosts Yard Crashers on the DIY Network.
Most watched News videos
- Teen films a burning 'meteorite' moving across sky in Japan
- Mob storm police station and lynch suspected paedophile
- Tidal surge filmed on Sunaoshi River in Tagajo, Japan
- Supermodel Gigi Hadid fights off man who grabs her at Milan show
- Trump updates his policy plans for first 100 days in office
- The moment a 7.4 magnitude earthquake hit Fukushima
- Kim Kardashian attacked in Paris by notorious prankster
- Doorman knocks-out troublemaker during two-on-one confrontation
- Gruesome moment Korean chef dissects a LIVE octopus
- Embarassed Prince Harry turns down dance in Antigua
- Boyfriend plays awful snake prank on his sleeping girlfriend
- 100 special police agents protect suspected paedophile from mob