As our reliance on computers and technology grows so does the risk of exposure to malevolent and damaging people and activities. In light of this, here is some information that may help you avoid running into trouble while using your computer here at Corpus and anywhere else.
Essential Security Information
- Malware & Security – An explanation of malware and how to help keep your computer safe along with links to helpful downloads.
- Spyware – Provides information on the warning signs and what you can do to combat this problem.
Useful Security Information
- Phishing – Details on what phishing is, how to avoid being a victim and what to do if you suspect you are being targeted.
- Stinger Instructions – Stinger is a stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses when dealing with an infected system.
- Physical Computer Security – A list of easy steps to take to help keep your portable device safe.