Before applying for a connection, applicants should ensure that they have the following:
- A network-ready computer
- An Ethernet cable (available from the IS&T office free of charge)
- Up-to-date anti-virus software (please see us if you require this and we will provide you with a DVD, which you have to return back to us.)
- The latest updates and security patches for Windows, Linux or Mac OSX
- The Corpus and University IT Syndicate computing policies here
- Please also observe any charges that may apply for network access (Visitor charges)
Applicants wishing to apply for a connection should follow the steps as outlined below:
1. Ensure your computer is configured to automatically obtain an IP address
For Windows Vista / Windows 7 users:
- Select Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre > Manage network connections
- Right-click on Local Area Connection and select Properties
- Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click on the Properties button
- Make sure Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) is deselected.
- Ensure that Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically are selected
- Click OK and then OK again.
2. Physically connect your computer to the network socket in the wall using an Ethernet cable or connect to ccwireless wireless network.
3. Open Internet Explorer (or any other browser) and wait until you are automatically taken to the Corpus Registration Page
- Students should then enter either your PWF or Raven username and password and follow the instructions that follow.
- Visitors should then either proceed to pay through the card payment system or enter their pre-registered access token if provided. Please see guest computing for information.