New £16 'Eyelid Trainer' promises to give Asian girls the western look - without surgery
- New Eyelid Trainer reportedly sold 7,000 units in its first week
- Gizmo worn for five minutes a day is said to 'train' lids to increase in size
Eyelid surgery has become an increasingly popular way for Asian women to attain Caucasian-style 'double eyelids' but a new invention promises a cheaper and less painful alternative to the operating theatre.
The 'Eyelid Trainer' claims to exercise eye muscles so that they form the desired double crease shape.
The gadget, which costs £16 ($25) is marketed as 'a smart and simple way to give your eyes the double eyelid that many Japanese girls want to get in order to stand out from everyone else with the typical Asian look.'
A blogger tests the gizmo that supposedly helps Japanese girls achieve a 'double eyelid'
Reported to have sold 7,000 units in its first month of sales alone, the Eyelid Trainer is designed to be worn for five minutes per day.
The gizmo is worn on the face like a pair of glasses with the addition of slightly weighted eyelid loops. As you blink, you 'train' your eyelids to get bigger.
'It is ideal for busy women who want to work on their appearance while, for example, in the bath or doing another task' say manufacturers.
It's marketed as 'a painless and cheap way to help shape your eyelids without cosmetic surgery'
Femail reported last year that South Korean women had become so immersed in western celebrity culture that double eyelid surgery, which creates the Caucasian crease many Asian women don't naturally have, has become as common as going to the dentist.
Eyelid surgery involves cutting the outer end of the eyes to make them wider and rounder.
Overtaking Brazil as the plastic surgery capital of the world, South Korea now has the highest number of surgeries performed per capita.
VIDEO: A blogger introduces the device and promises verdict soon
The gizmo is worn on the face like a pair of glasses with the addition of slightly weighted eyelid loops - as you blink, you 'train' your eyelids to get bigger
Reported to have sold 7,000 units in its first month of sales alone, the Eyelid Trainer is designed to be worn for five minutes per day
Most watched News videos
- Homeless man has zebra-skin slipcovers & porcelain toilet
- Mob storm police station and lynch suspected paedophile
- Moment pranksters invade the X Factor stage after Honey G performs
- Towel madness: Walmart shoppers fall into chaos on Black Friday
- Can YOU spot this armed Marine watching you? (related)
- Raul Castro announces the death of Fidel on Cuban television
- Shameless shoppers fighting over 20p fruit and veg in Tesco
- 100 special police agents protect suspected paedophile from mob
- Man attacks Poppy memorial wreaths at Watts Park in Southampton
- Chaos at Walmart as Black Friday shoppers battle for toys
- Black Friday brawl: MASSIVE melee breaks out at California mall
- Prince Harry hits out at media over 'abuse' of girlfriend Meghan
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.