Patrice Evra holds talks with Juventus as Italian champions look to sign Man United defender on two-year deal
Juventus are keen to secure Patrice Evra to a two-year contract after holding talks over the weekend.
The 33-year-old was reportedly spotted in Turin on Friday ahead of proposed medical tests and negotiations.
It is understood Louis van Gaal wants to keep Evra at Old Trafford but the Frenchman will have a reduced role with Luke Shaw's arrival.
On the way? Patric Evra (right) is a target for Serie A champions Juventus
Decision: Soon to be Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal (above) reportedly wants Evra to stay
Under the terms of his current deal, Evra has the option to extend his contract at Old Trafford, but he has yet to do so.
The Red Devils are set to undergo considerable change as they look to bounce back from a disappointing 2013/14 season following the retirement of boss Sir Alex Ferguson, with Van Gaal coming in and the squad being overhauled.
New blood: United look set to sign Southampton star Luke Shaw in the summer
Most watched Sport videos
- Alexis Sanchez shows off his ball control in the DUGOUT challenge
- First trailer released for Usain Bolt documentary: I Am Bolt
- Man United assistant manager speaks after Mourinho was sent off
- Julia Roberts speaks to Extra about being a 'soccer mom'
- F1 winner Nico Rosberg celebrates victory with pals
- Mob storm police station and lynch suspected paedophile
- World's top footballers appear in the new DUGOUT challenge
- Liverpool manager Klopp discusses Philippe Coutinho injury
- Nico Rosberg wins his first Formula One world championship
- Julian Draxler shows off his exquisite ball control
- I am Bolt: 'I'm looking forward to getting my own kid now'
- Nico Rosberg shares his thoughts on the Circuit de Monaco
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.