Kindergarten teacher fired after bringing vial of her blood into class and letting children taste it
Up to a dozen Norwegian children may have ingested their kindergarten teacher's blood after she brought a vial of it into class.
The teacher, who has not been identified, reportedly asked the nurse at a recent doctor's visit if she could have a vial of her blood to take with her to the school where she taught.
When 'sharing time' came, she took out the vial, poured it in a plate, and let the students pass it around the classroom, said Inger Lise Andersen, director of the Dravhaug kindergarten.
Blood: The teacher allegedly passed her blood around during 'sharing time' then instructed them to lick their fingers to clean up
'The children asked if they could touch it and she allowed them,' Andersen told Reuters.
'Then they asked 'how do we get it off?' so she put her finger in her mouth and the children followed suit.''
There were a dozen students in the class.
Shock: Parents of the school's students were reportedly horrified to learn what had happened and the teacher was subsequently fired
'The parents are mortified, shaken and shocked,' Andersen said.
The teacher, a temporary employee, had been tested for AIDS and Hepatitis B following the incident.
Results of the tests are not yet in, but authorities consider the risk of transmitting any infection very low.
The teacher was terminated.
Most watched News videos
- Mob storm police station and lynch suspected paedophile
- 28-year-old NFL player Joe McKnight shot dead in road rage incident
- Surveillance video shows 7-Eleven cashier shoot at two robbers
- Dad built his kids their own rollercoaster in their back garden
- Hot mic! CNN producer overheard joking about Trump's plane crashing
- Reckless 20-year-old streams doomed joy-ride on Facebook Live
- Baby elephant reunited with its mum after being rescued from pond
- 100 special police agents protect suspected paedophile from mob
- 'I feel guilty': Karen Danczuk breaks down on Loose Women
- Guy gets caught masturbating with Fleshlight near kids
- Cats get the surprise of their lives with a singing Christmas tree
- New Richmond MP Sarah Olney disappears minutes into live broadcast
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.