SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Catherine Zeta-Jones daughter Carys looks the double of her mother as a teenager as she attends premiere of the new Star Wars film
Catherine Zeta-Jones's 13-year-old daughter Carys looked the double of her actress mother as she turned up to a film screening this weekend in Hollywood.
Just a day after her grandfather Kirk Douglas turned 100, Carys accompanied her father Michael Douglas, 72, to the premiere of Rogue One: A Star Wars story, in Los Angeles.
Catherine, 47, was just 14 when she posed for this picture when a pupil at Swansea’s private Dumbarton House School.
Catherine Zeta Jones, aged 14 at Dumbarton House School, left, and her daughter Carys, right, who is now 13
Catherine dropped out of school at 15 and moved to London to pursue an acting career
She dropped out at 15 and moved to London to pursue an acting career. After finding fame in The Darling Buds Of May, she danced her way to an Oscar in the 2002 musical Chicago.
It seems Carys is also destined for a razzle-dazzle career, as she performed with a troupe at the New York City Dance Alliance Foundation gala last year.
It's Blair's brother under that wig!
Sir William Blair, 66, has been appointed a Senior Circuit Judge, based at Bristol Crown Court
As globe-trotting moneybags Tony Blair sets up an institute to tackle Brexit ‘populism’, his elder brother, Sir William Blair QC, continues to enjoy a more dignified career.
Sir William, 66, has been appointed a Senior Circuit Judge, based at Bristol Crown Court. He’s currently in charge of the Commercial Court.
He was always regarded by friends as ‘the proper lawyer’ in the family, unlike Tony, who is three years his junior.
The siblings get on well — Tony was Sir William’s best man at his 1982 wedding — but unlike the perma-tanned former PM, Sir William is said to shy away from publicity.
Cherie, 62, must have mixed feelings about her brother-in-law’s elevation. His new posting comes after she announced she was quitting her role as a judge to focus on her work with Omnia Strategy, the international law firm she founded.
India Hicks and Matt: They're related, sort of
Actor Matt Smith had an unusual encounter over the weekend.
The 34-year-old, who plays Prince Philip in the hit Netflix series The Crown, bumped into Princess Diana’s real-life bridesmaid, designer India Hicks, at a party in New York.
India, whose mother Lady Pamela Hicks (nee Mountbatten) is Philip’s cousin, shared this picture online, writing: ‘It’s late at night so feels extra confusing. With Prince Philip. But not really.’
Matt Smith who plays Prince Philip in the hit Netflix series The Crown, bumped into Princess Diana’s real-life bridesmaid, designer India Hicks, at a party in New York
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Prince Philip reminisces about expansion of Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Homeowner trolls bungling burglar with Mission Impossible theme
- 'They make each other laugh': Countess Sophie on the Duke and Queen
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- 'I wanted the painting!': Joanna Lumley jokes about Duke's artwork
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Hammer wielding thugs smash car windows and threaten man
- Adorable dog won't allow owner to stop scratching his belly
- Ferrari crashes into pedestrians while racing near Battersea Dogs Home