Back on the small screen! Reba McEntire to star in new ABC drama from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry
She transitioned from country songstress to TV star with starring role in shows like Reba and Malibu Country.
And now Reba McEntire, 61, is returning to the small screen to play the lead in an as yet untitled drama for ABC.
The show has been created by Marc Cherry, the man behind Desperate Housewives, and will mark both his and Reba's return to the prime time network.
TV star: Reba McEntire, 61, is returning to the small screen for a lead role in an untitled drama for ABC. She is pictured in Nashville in November
The project will allow viewers to see a different side of the 61-year-old's acting capabilities.
Reba, commonly known for her comedic talents, will be taking a dramatic turn with the new series.
According to The Hollywood Reporter the story line follows the aftermath of suspected terrorist act.
Force behind the project: The show, created by Marc Cherry, 54, will mark both Reba's and the Desperate Housewives creator's return to the prime time network. He is pictured in Los Angeles in September
And it could be a bug hit for ABC, as there was a reported bidding war over the project.
Marc's production companies Cherry-Wind and Acme will be the force behind the show, while Reba will also have an executive producer title.
Marc, 54, previously created Desperate Housewives for ABC, and moved to Lifetime to helm Devious Maids after the hit series ended.
True talent: Country singer Reba was already a household name before she landed her own show, Reba
Country singer Reba was already a household name before she landed her eponymous sitcom, which ran from 2001-2007.
Following her role as Reba Hart on the popular series, the singer starred as Reba Mackenzie in ABC-produced show Malibu Country, which ended after one season.
She has also guest starred on multiple sitcoms, including Tim Allen's Last Man Standing.
A popular name: Following her role as Reba Hart on the popular sitcom, the singer starred as Reba Mackenzie in an ABC-produced show, Malibu Country, which ran for one season
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Prince Philip reminisces about expansion of Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Homeowner trolls bungling burglar with Mission Impossible theme
- 'They make each other laugh': Countess Sophie on the Duke and Queen
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- 'I wanted the painting!': Joanna Lumley jokes about Duke's artwork
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Hammer wielding thugs smash car windows and threaten man
- Adorable dog won't allow owner to stop scratching his belly
- Ferrari crashes into pedestrians while racing near Battersea Dogs Home