'Even though there's an age difference, we're so close': Dance prodigy Maddie Ziegler, 14, gushes about her 'family' bond with pop star Sia, 40
She's the dance prodigy who left audiences captivated when she starred in the video for Sia's 2014 hit, Chandelier.
Now on the eve of her first Australian tour, Maddie Ziegler is describing her special bond with the pop superstar.
The 14-year-old reality star spoke with the Morning Show on Tuesday regarding their close relationship.
Scroll down for video
Family bond: Maddie Ziegler [Left, pictured next to sister Mackenzie], 14, spoke with the Morning Show on Tuesday regarding her close relationship with pop star Sia, 40
'Sia actually used to watch Dance Moms and she saw me on that [reality] show,' the bubbly teen described.
'She reached out to me on Twitter and was like, 'Hey Maddie, do you want to be in my music video?''
The video, which has received over 1.47 billion views on YouTube, was a challenging experience for the then 11-year-old.
Explosion: The video for Chandelier, which has received over 1.47 billion views on YouTube, was a challenging experience for the then 11-year-old
'We did all the separate rooms by themselves and we shot those a couple times,' she explained.
'The last final two shots were me [dancing] the whole way through and it was very tiring, but so much fun.'
She went on to star in five of Sia's music videos, which have a collective 2.8 billion views between them.
Connection: She went on to star in five of Sia's videos, which now have a whopping 2.8 billion views between them
Having just wrapped Sia's Nostalgic For The Present tour she remains close with the star, who recently announced her separation from husband Erik Anders Lang.
'She is like a family member to me. She's literally one of my best friends,' she gushed.
'Even though there's an age difference, we're so close. I'm so thankful for her.'
'She is like a family member to me': she gushed over her relationship with the star, who recently announced her separation from husband Erik Anders Lang
Maddie, who won both a People's Choice and Teen Choice Award this year, will tour Australia in January with her younger sister Mackenzie, 12.
The girls were discovered after their mother Melissa enrolled them into Pittsburgh's Abbey Lee Dance Company, which became the subject of hit show Dance Moms.
The Ziegler Girls tour features performances from the talented duo in addition to workshops and a meet and greet.
Teen stars: The Ziegler Girls [Mackenzie pictured left, with Maddie on the right] tour of Australia in January features performances in addition to workshops and a meet and greet
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Prince Philip reminisces about expansion of Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Homeowner trolls bungling burglar with Mission Impossible theme
- 'They make each other laugh': Countess Sophie on the Duke and Queen
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- 'I wanted the painting!': Joanna Lumley jokes about Duke's artwork
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Hammer wielding thugs smash car windows and threaten man
- Adorable dog won't allow owner to stop scratching his belly
- Ferrari crashes into pedestrians while racing near Battersea Dogs Home