EXCLUSIVE: Angelina demands Brad Pitt be drug tested four times a month in order to get access to their kids - as he accuses her of making confidential information public
- Angelina Jolie forces Brad Pitt to undergo drug and alcohol testing four times a month
- A stipulation filed earlier this month revealed information about the children's therapy and that a psychologist was determining the visitation schedule
- Pitt accuses Jolie and her legal team of knowingly releasing confidential information about their children
- Jolie filed the order revealing this information after Pitt and his lawyers stated they were looking to get the actor more visitation with his children
- He is asking that all documents dealing with the couple's children and their custody arrangement be sealed
- Pitt initially asked for an emergency hearing on the matter but was denied
- He and Jolie will appear in court next month to discuss custody
Angelina Jolie is having Brad Pitt tested for drugs and alcohol four times a month during the estranged couple's ongoing custody battle.
That information came to light after Pitt, 52, filed court documents in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles to request that all records regarding custody issues be kept under seal.
The actor and his lawyers filed the papers after Jolie, 41, and her lawyer, Laura Wasser, made the decision to file an order just days prior despite knowing that by doing so it would make the details of the couple's custody agreement public.
Parts of the order, known as the 'October Stipulation,' were later published revealing details of the children's therapy, that a psychologist who specializes in child custody issues was determining the visitation schedule, and that Pitt and Jolie were undergoing group therapy sessions with the children.
Jolie's decision to file that order also revealed the details of Pitt's random drug testing.
As for why that order was filed, Pitt's lawyer claims: 'Based on Ms. Wasser's email dated December 2, 2016, the unauthorized filing of the October Stipulation was caused by [Jolie's] reaction to [Pitt's attorney] having advised her counsel that [Pitt's] time with the children should be increased.'
Scroll down for video
Contentious split: Brad Pitt accuses Angelina Jolie (above in November 2015) and her legal team of knowingly releasing confidential information about their children
Details: A stipulation filed earlier this month revealed information about the children's therapy and that Pitt was being drug and alcohol tested four times a month (Pitt-Jolie clan above in February 2014)
The court filing also claims that Jolie 'previously refused to enter into a stipulation for such an order and has instead compromised the children's privacy by disregarding a confidentiality agreement that was expressly designed to protect the minor children.'
Pitt's lawyer, Lance S. Spiegel, later writes: 'The minor children should be protected from embarrassment and stigma resulting from public access to information concerning their emotional status and their relationships with their parents.'
In his own declaration, Pitt writes: '[Jolie] and I have been unable to agree on a custody schedule and I intend to file a Request for Orders to establish a schedule unless an agreement is reached.'
He goes on to state: 'I am extremely concerned that if court records regarding custody are not sealed, information contained therein will cause irreparable damage to our children's privacy rights.
'I am respectfully requesting that all custody-related pleadings be sealed.'
An email is also included in the filing that was sent from Wasser to Spiegel, stating that they had no choice but to file the 'October Stipulation.'
Wasser wrote to Spiegel: 'You have made it clear that Brad intends to file an RFO for increased custodial time next week and that nothing the therapists say during our meeting on Monday will change Brad's position.
'Therefore, we will be filing this Stipulation and Order Re Child Custody and Therapy.
'We have repeatedly attempted to avoid any court intervention. Brad's position has made that impossible.'
Later that day Pitt's lawyer responded to Wasser in an email writing: 'I want to point out that the stipulation contains confidential information regarding the children being in therapy and the names of the therapists.
'The public disclosure of such information has serious privacy implications and is potentially damaging.'
The details of that stipulation were later published by TMZ according to the court documents.
Battle: An email is also included in the filing that was sent from Jolie's lawyer Laura Wasser to Pitt's lawyer Lance Spiegel (above), stating that they had no choice but to file the 'October Stipulation.'
Response: Spiegel then told Wasser that he believed filing the stipulation had 'serious privacy implications' (above)
Pitt and his legal team also include a declaration from psychologist Philip M. Stahl in their filing.
He writes that he has been 'an expert witness in 18 California counties ... and many other states' before writing that he believes the custody records should be kept sealed for the sake of the children.
'In my experience, I have been involved in many high profile matters, and in each one of them, either parties have stipulated or courts have ordered that information be sealed when potentially sensitive or damaging information could be discovered by children in family court matters,' writes Stahl.
He later adds that research shows that 'children are harmed when exposed to their parent's conflict and adult derails of the divorce.'
Stahl later adds that among the potential harms children can suffer in these situations are 'becoming significantly confused, anxious, depressed or saddened, or becoming alienated or estranged from one parent.'
Pitt go an emergency hearing in the case but his request to seal the documents was ultimately denied by the judge.
The couple are next due in court in January.
Jolie has had primary custody of twins Vivienne and Knox, eight, as well as Shiloh, 10, Zahara, 11, Pax, 13, and Maddox, 15, since she and Pitt split in September.
She secretly rented a home in Malibu shortly before the split.
Pitt meanwhile has been laying low since the news broke, and did nothing to promote his new film Allied, which tanked at the box office.
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Prince Philip reminisces about expansion of Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Homeowner trolls bungling burglar with Mission Impossible theme
- 'They make each other laugh': Countess Sophie on the Duke and Queen
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- 'I wanted the painting!': Joanna Lumley jokes about Duke's artwork
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Hammer wielding thugs smash car windows and threaten man
- Adorable dog won't allow owner to stop scratching his belly
- Ferrari crashes into pedestrians while racing near Battersea Dogs Home