'It is heartbreaking': Erin McNaught reveals she had a miscarriage last month after becoming pregnant with her second child with husband Example
Model Erin McNaught revealed she had a miscarriage last month.
During an appearance on Tuesday's edition of The Morning Show, the 34-year-old described her loss as 'heartbreaking.'
Erin already shares one-year-old toddler son Evander Maxwell, with husband and rapper Example, real name Elliot John Gleave, 34.
Scroll down for video
'It is heartbreaking': Erin McNaught, 34, revealed on Tuesday's The Morning Show on Channel Seven, that she had a miscarriage just last month
While on the Channel Seven breakfast program, hosts Larry Emdur and Kylie Gillies quizzed Erin on whether she plans to have any more children.
'We definitely want another baby,' she shared live on-air.
'I sadly had a miscarriage last month, which is, we're totally fine, it's just one of those things that's unfortunately really, really common,' the mother-of-one continued.
Support: Despite the heartbreaking loss, Erin hopes talking about her own experience will encourage others to do the same: 'I think if more people spoke about it, then it might not be as tough for people to go through it'
Despite the heartbreaking loss, Erin hopes talking about her own experience will encourage others to do the same.
'For me, I found solace in knowing how common it was [miscarrying], because once I got talking, you realise just how many people are affected by it,' she said.
'If I could find solace in that and I think if more people spoke about it, then it might not be as tough for people to go through it.'
Family ties: The model and television presenter already shares one-year-old toddler son Evander Maxwell, with husband and rapper Example, real name Elliot John Gleave, 34
Doting: Erin often takes to Instagram to share precious snaps of her family
Erin and Example tied the knot in Australia in 2013 and welcomed son Evander Maxwell Gleave in December 2014.
The pair have spoken in the past of their desire to expand their family, with Erin revealing shortly after her son's birth that she 'couldn't wait' to have more children.
Erin was chosen from nineteen finalists to represent Australia in the Miss Universe 2006 competition, but failed to make it to the top 20.
Despite defeat during the international pageant, Erin managed to negotiate various presenting roles and modelling gigs with top Australian brands.
The catwalk star then secured a spot on the long-running soap Neighbours, before securing a presenting role on MTV.
Union: Erin and Example tied the knot in Australia in 2013, and welcomed son Evander Maxwell Gleave in December 2014
Rising to fame: After representing Australia in the Miss Universe 2006 competition, Erin went on to secure a spot on the long-running soap Neighbours, before appearing as a presenter on MTV Australia
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Prince Philip reminisces about expansion of Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Homeowner trolls bungling burglar with Mission Impossible theme
- 'They make each other laugh': Countess Sophie on the Duke and Queen
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- 'I wanted the painting!': Joanna Lumley jokes about Duke's artwork
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Hammer wielding thugs smash car windows and threaten man
- Adorable dog won't allow owner to stop scratching his belly
- Ferrari crashes into pedestrians while racing near Battersea Dogs Home