That's a bit off-collar! Katie Holmes suffers minor wardrobe malfunction with oddly knotted tie as she grabs coffee in West Hollywood
She's known for her impeccable sense of style on the red carpet.
But Katie Holmes had a minor wardrobe malfunction on Sunday as she grabbed a hot beverage from Starbucks in West Hollywood.
The 37-year-old had opted for a somewhat idiosyncratic outfit, including a black tie knotted in an odd arrangement that accidentally slipped over her collar.
Refreshment run: Katie Holmes spent a bit of her Sunday out and about in Hollywood, picking herself up a hot beverage from Starbucks
A couple of her top buttons were undone, allowing for a glimpse at the glinting pendant she'd tethered about her neck.
Large black butterfly sunglasses were perched on her face, and she'd slicked back her hair severely, wrapping it into a bun.
She'd tucked the shirt into a pair of seemingly airtight and slightly faded zaffre jeans, completing her outfit with a pair of buckled black leather flats.
A bit of a quirk: The 37-year-old had opted for a somewhat idiosyncratic outfit, including a black tie knotted in an odd arrangement
Stroll about in some Gucci loafers like Katie
Katie perfected her off-duty look while running errands in West Hollywood today. Wearing a simple white blouse with jeans, she went for Gucci loafers as the perfect finishing touch to her ensemble.
These classic flats were adorned with the Italian brand's signature gold horsebit buckle and they had a patent leather finish.
Perfect for the office or weekend off duty style, this preppy footwear will go a long way in your wardrobe. Click right to buy them at Neiman Marcus for $630. The investment will be well worth it.
But if you're more of a thrifty spender, Asos, Louise et Cie and New Look have some affordable alternatives in the edit below.
On Friday, the former Mrs Tom Cruise released the first feature film she's directed, All We Had, based on a 2014 novel by Annie Weatherwax.
Holmes starred in the film as a hard-on-her-luck single mother called Rita Carmichael who's striving to provide a financially secure life for her daughter.
Just as she begins to get their lives in order, the 2008 financial crisis strikes and throws a wrench in the works.
Making it work: Her tie unfortunately fell outside the collar of the baggy white dress shirt she'd selected for her day out in Los Angeles
Last Monday, Business Insider ran an interview in which she discussed alighting on Weatherwax' book as source material.
'Well, when I read scripts and when I read books, it's more of an emotional response and I was really drawn to these characters,' she said.
'The book was written from Ruthie's perspective and I felt that there was a beautiful story to be told and one that was valuable and also one that was a size that I could do as my first.'
Putting the look together: She'd tucked the shirt into a pair of seemingly airtight and slightly faded zaffre jeans, completing her outfit with a pair of buckled black leather flats
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Prince Philip reminisces about expansion of Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Homeowner trolls bungling burglar with Mission Impossible theme
- 'They make each other laugh': Countess Sophie on the Duke and Queen
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- 'I wanted the painting!': Joanna Lumley jokes about Duke's artwork
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Hammer wielding thugs smash car windows and threaten man
- Adorable dog won't allow owner to stop scratching his belly
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"