'He was mad as hell': Michael Jackson and Madonna's romance fell apart after she 'criticised him on TV'
The King and Queen of Pop could have been an item... until she put him on blast.
The reason Michael Jackson and Madonna's budding romance fell apart was because she criticised him on TV.
Earlier this week Madge revealed to James Corden during a Carpool Karaoke session that she made out with MJ.
On Saturday Flo Anthony, an old Jackson family friend, told NY Daily News why they never worked as a couple.
'He told me back then (in the early ’90s) that she’d spent the night at Neverland,' he recalled. 'He also told me that she'd told him if they were going to start dating, she wasn’t going to Disneyland, his favorite place.
'The reason their relationship didn't stick was because she did an interview on TV saying she would like him to get a new look and she wanted to get him out of those buckles,' he continued. 'He was livid that she criticized him on TV.'
'I'm not sure, but I don't think he ever spoke to her again. He was mad as hell!'
'Yes tongue in mouth kissing!' Madonna confessed during Wednesday's Carpool Karaoke that she made out with Michael Jackson
On Wednesday night's Late Late show the 58-year-old singer confessed she 'tongue in mouth kissed' Jacko.
'Of course baby, I've been around,' she told the shocked host. 'I haven't had the chance to talk about it, no one ever asks me.
She also admitted it was she who made the first move 'because he was a little shy'.
'But he was a willing accomplice,' she added. 'I did get him to sort of loosen up with a glass of chardonnay. And it worked wonders.'
Jackson died in 2009 - aged 50 - of a drug overdose; his physician who administered the drugs, Conrad Murray, was charged with involuntary manslaughter.
Back in the day: Madonna and Michael Jackson at The Academy Awards in 1991
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Prince Philip reminisces about expansion of Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Homeowner trolls bungling burglar with Mission Impossible theme
- 'They make each other laugh': Countess Sophie on the Duke and Queen
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- 'I wanted the painting!': Joanna Lumley jokes about Duke's artwork
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Hammer wielding thugs smash car windows and threaten man
- Adorable dog won't allow owner to stop scratching his belly
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"