Amy Adams is off-duty chic as she goes Christmas tree shopping with daughter Aviana
With Christmas fast approaching Amy Adams made shopping for a tree her top priority on Saturday.
The 42-year-old actress wore stylish layers as she headed out with her six-year-old little girl in West Hollywood.
Donning oversize sunglasses the Golden Globe-winner looked relaxed as she browsed trees before heading to a pet store with her little one.
Time to decorate! Amy Adams went Christmas tree shopping with her daughter Aviana on Saturday
The star wrapped up with a patterned pashmina over a smart blazer and skinny jeans with suede boots.
She wore her strawberry blonde locks up in a ponytail.
Amy recently said that becoming a mother allowed her to really get stuck in to her role in Arrival.
She said recently: 'It would have been a very different performance. I just have a different relationship with compassion since becoming a parent, and compassion for other people - not just my daughter. It opened up my eyes and got me outside of myself. I hate to think that I was so wrapped up in my own stuff before I had her but I was, so now I'm able to look at things from a different lens. It took me out of myself.'
Meanwhile the actress recently revealed that she thinks her hair colour has pigeon-holed her career.
Off duty chic: Amy, 42, wore a smart blazer over jeans and suede boots with a patterned pashmina
Got one! The actress was spotted driving off with the tree on the top of her car
The 42-year-old actress dyed her long luscious locks from blonde to red for the short-lived 2004 TV drama, Dr. Vegas and noticed a huge change in the roles she was offered afterwards.
She explained during TimesTalks: 'Based on roles that I was getting, called in for, people were responding to certain types of characters with me as a blonde and the minute I went red, it was quirky and fun instead of flirtatious and dumb. It was great, I liked that. But in all seriousness, it's just hair colour.
'It was really fascinating to see just one element of yourself change people's perception and that became a very powerful tool for me even in my acting. If you can change one very small thing and create an entirely different perception to the outside world based on one thing, and that was actually an important lesson for me to learn, I didn't quite get that before then.'
Amy met actor Darren Le Gallo in 2001 and the couple finally tied the knot in May 2015.
Amy met actor Darren Le Gallo in 2001 and the couple finally tied the knot in May 2015. The couple are pictured last month
The actress currently stars in Arrival alongside Jeremy Renner and Forest Whitaker
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Prince Philip reminisces about expansion of Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Homeowner trolls bungling burglar with Mission Impossible theme
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- 'They make each other laugh': Countess Sophie on the Duke and Queen
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- 'I wanted the painting!': Joanna Lumley jokes about Duke's artwork
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Hammer wielding thugs smash car windows and threaten man
- Adorable dog won't allow owner to stop scratching his belly
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"