'No one believed me': New Spider-Man Tom Holland went undercover in Bronx high school to research role
Many actors turn 'method' and immerse themselves in a character to prepare for a big role.
And it seems Tom Holland is a fan of the intense acting style, as he apparently went undercover in a school to prepare for his role in Spider-Man: Homecoming.
The 20-year-old star has confessed he used a 'fake name and a fake accent' to do some research at a high school in Bronx as he prepared to take on the role of the Marvel superhero.
Dedicated: It seems Tom Holland is a fan of method acting, as he apparently went undercover in a school to prepare for his role in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
Speaking in a Facebook Live Q & A, he said: 'No one knew who I was or what I was doing. I had a fake name and a fake accent.
'[When I revealed who I was] no one believed me. It makes me think that if Peter Parker went up in his school and was like, "I'm Spider-Man," everyone would be like, "Nah, dude, no you're not."'
Meanwhile, Tom previously revealed he found out he got the part of Spider-Man via a post on Instagram.
Asked how he learned he had got the job, he said: 'I was in my bed scrolling through Instagram. It had been about a month since my audition. And Marvel just posted a photo saying go to our website and find out who the next Spider-Man is.
Big secret: Speaking in a Facebook Live Q & A, he said: 'No one knew who I was or what I was doing. I had a fake name and a fake accent
Funny: Meanwhile, Tom previously revealed he found out he got the part of Spider-Man via a post on Instagram
'I went on the Marvel website on my computer and there it was: The new Spider-Man is Tom Holland. I went ballistic, like absolutely nuts.'
Tom has signed up for a total of three movies as the Web Slinger and has praised Marvel for giving him a chance to work on other films at the same time.
He added: 'I do know I have three Spider-Man movies and three solo movies contracted. But if you have another movie, Marvel is so good at working around it.
'They're very respectful of your life, really. They understand that you have to work on other movies, and they try and fix it up so you can work around each other.'
Ready for action! Tom has signed up for a total of three movies as the Web Slinger and has praised Marvel for giving him a chance to work on other films at the same time
Back in November, Tom seemed to confirm that he was going to bring a new level of authenticity to the superhero movie, as he can be seen engaged in specialized training in numerous Instagram posts.
From tumbling to boxing, the young star appears to want to do as many stunts as he can himself.
In one mesmerizing shot posted on November 15th, he flies through the air, apparently doing a flip in front of the New York skyline.
Real life Spider-Man? In one mesmerizing shot posted on November 15th, he flies through the air, apparently doing a flip in front of the New York skyline
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Prince Philip reminisces about expansion of Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Homeowner trolls bungling burglar with Mission Impossible theme
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- 'They make each other laugh': Countess Sophie on the Duke and Queen
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- 'I wanted the painting!': Joanna Lumley jokes about Duke's artwork
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Hammer wielding thugs smash car windows and threaten man
- Adorable dog won't allow owner to stop scratching his belly
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"